Maker Pro
Maker Pro

please can someone help me out with this:-

MEOUS

Oct 6, 2016
prove that for max. power transfer the output impedance of an amplifier should be equal the load impedance, Ro= RL

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
Since this is 'Homework Help' you are expected to show us your best effort so far at answering the question.

Reactions: Ian

MEOUS

Oct 6, 2016
please my senior brother asked me to use his information so as to search for results.am now offering engineering and the lecture didnt explain to my understanding so i want help

Ratch

Mar 10, 2013
prove that for max. power transfer the output impedance of an amplifier should be equal the load impedance, Ro= RL
Actually, you can transfer more power to the load if you reduce the source impedance. That is not always possible, but if you can to it, so much the better. Let me demonstrate. Suppose you have a 12 volt source with a 4 ohm impedance feeding a 8 ohm load impedance. The power transferred to the 8 ohm load impedance is 8 watts. Now lets reduce the load impedance by half to match it with the source impedance. That makes the power transferred 9 watts. Now, reduce the source impedance by half to 2 ohms. and make the load impedance 8 ohms again. Now the power transferred is 11.52 watts. So you see, reducing the source impedance gives you more power transferred than matching the load with the source.

Ratch

MEOUS

Oct 6, 2016
thanks and can you prove with forumlars as in Proving that Ro=RL

Ratch

Mar 10, 2013
thanks and can you prove with forumlars as in Proving that Ro=RL

Sure I can, but can you? The powers that own this website don't want me to give you a direct answer. Hint: Use differential calculus.

Ratch