Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please help guyz..!! New to electrical circuits

sahilq

Dec 8, 2012
Hey everyone,
I'm a student of 10th grade.
i know much about electrical circuits but not of high level.

Here it goes,
I want to make a automatic road safety alarm working model(Physics project) so that whenever a car enters a tunnel on that road the alarms start beeping and lights of tunnel gets turned on. please help me with it.
The car will be a toy car.. so not of much weight so if anyone can help pls help.

Thnx in advance.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
A infra red beam can be broken by the car indicating that it has entered the tunnel. However if it is intended to stop a crash from a car coming the other way, you will need to activate this before the car enters the tunnel and show a red light if the tunnel is occupied.

What will turn off the lights? If tou have two detectors at the entrance, then it will be possible to detect the direction of the car. i.e. whether it is entering of leaving the tunnel.

Some more thinking on the logic of the system is necessary before getting down to electronic design.

sahilq

Dec 8, 2012
can you please explain your answer as i'm new to all this..

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
A TV controller uses infra red light to control the TV. If you use the same system to put a beam across the tunnel entrance, then, when the beam is broken action can be taken. You can have the sender one side of the tunnel and the receiver the other or have a reflector with the sender and receiver adjacent.

The sophistication needed by the system will depend on the distance and the amount of ambient light.

You could switch on the lights for a fixed time or turn them off when the car exits the tunnel, that is up to you. Do you have cars coming the other way? If so you will need some logic to determine the car direction.