Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please Help Water Pump Issue

RosMen

Jun 19, 2017
Hi All,

I have a 0.75 HP water pump and it was working fine but suddenly it got off and now when ever i on the pump the Circuit Breaker, TE Connectivity in the motor getting off.
its looks like following. (but 4 AMP)

W28-XQ1A-8.JPG

again if i push this switch and on the pump motor start and rotate few rounds and getting off.
what could be the issue ? do i need to relapse this switch or need to check the capacitor ?
any thing that i can check before remove and take the motor to the workshop for repair ?

Please help.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Well, it's either a crook motor or a crook overload.
Impossible to say from a distance.
Maybe try the motor with a new breaker first?

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
It was working fine for how long? Has anything else changed, such as changes to the water system that would increase the work it does? The increased load will mean increased amperage. It could be a blockage in the piping or something like that.
Take a amperage reading with a clamp on meter and see if it's within normal range. If it is, then look at the breaker/overload protection. Another thing to look for is if there's any resistance between the motor conductors and its case. This is a sign of insulation breakdown in the motor.

RosMen

Jun 19, 2017
Hi,

Here with I have attached the picture of the motor and the its current status how it start and barker off.
20170620_074859.jpg

20170620_075101.jpg

RosMen

Jun 19, 2017
Well, it's either a crook motor or a crook overload.
Impossible to say from a distance.
Maybe try the motor with a new breaker first?

Hi ,

just tried bypass the barker and connect with small copper peace from wire .
it got same copper fuse got busted.

i upload the picture and video of the running status.

RosMen

Jun 19, 2017
It was working fine for how long? Has anything else changed, such as changes to the water system that would increase the work it does? The increased load will mean increased amperage. It could be a blockage in the piping or something like that.
Take a amperage reading with a clamp on meter and see if it's within normal range. If it is, then look at the breaker/overload protection. Another thing to look for is if there's any resistance between the motor conductors and its case. This is a sign of insulation breakdown in the motor.

Hi,

working for years nothing changed and got stop while working.
now when ever on barker get off.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Looks like it has had a pretty hard life and that growl before it trips seems to indicate a deeper problem.
Appears as though a screwdriver is your only piece of "test gear" so take it to someone who knows motor repair and perhaps can get you a new one.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Never jumper out a breaker or a fuse. It is extremely dangerous.
There is a lot of corrosion and poor connections that's part of the problem.
Water has likely infiltrated the motor and may have caused bearing problems.
I'd try separating the motor from the pump.
From there you can try manually spinning the fan blade to see if it spins smoothly.
If so there may be excessive wear on the pump portion.

JWHassler

Dec 22, 2014
Replace that capacitor. If that doesn't work, you have used up the low-cost repair strategies, and must replace/repair the pump.

RosMen

Jun 19, 2017
Replace that capacitor. If that doesn't work, you have used up the low-cost repair strategies, and must replace/repair the pump.

Hi,

Your Damn correct .
I removed and gave the pump to electric repair workshop.
technician over there just on the motor and said its bad capacitor. I ask could it be the barker get off due bad capacitor? may be a short.(because he didn't touch the capacitor and even not cover is open) he just smile and took his multi-meter and test the capacitor and confirm it. just put a new capacitor it works perfectly fine.

The Tech was an old gentlemen but I'm sure he has number of years experience more than my life. :)

Thanks you All for the advice.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Hi,

Your Damn correct .
I removed and gave the pump to electric repair workshop.
technician over there just on the motor and said its bad capacitor. I ask could it be the barker get off due bad capacitor? may be a short.(because he didn't touch the capacitor and even not cover is open) he just smile and took his multi-meter and test the capacitor and confirm it. just put a new capacitor it works perfectly fine.

The Tech was an old gentlemen but I'm sure he has number of years experience more than my life. :)

Thanks you All for the advice.

Good to see you get it fixed.
Very different when one has the unit to test as opposed to trying to guess the possibilities.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I hope he replaced those spade connectors too. It was not making a good connection.