Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please I need help designing a 4way speaker crossover Network

Adeboye Thompson

Oct 20, 2015
Hello guy. I am trying to build a crossover network for a speaker. It includes a 15inch driver, a 12inch mid-range, a 6.5 tweeter and a 1.5 tweeter.
Please does anyone have any crossover network circuits that might work for a system like this?
I am using the speakers on an electronic organ and so the sound quality has to be very accurate.

Thanks

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hello guy. I am trying to build a crossover network for a speaker. It includes a 15inch driver, a 12inch mid-range, a 6.5 tweeter and a 1.5 tweeter.
Please does anyone have any crossover network circuits that might work for a system like this?
I am using the speakers on an electronic organ and so the sound quality has to be very accurate.

Thanks
Here's the problem.. The cross-over network will cause degradation of the original signal..
I assume you want a passive cross-over, in which case this will certainly be more likely.
In order to use an active cross-over, you will need amplifiers which could be prone to noise if not constructed properly.

You are going to need the following circuits wired in parallel:
Low-Pass filter
2x Band-Pass filters
High-Pass filter

You will need inductors and capacitors to attenuate the higher and lower frequencies to reduce the size of the unwanted signal from reaching the speaker.
Do you know what frequencies you want to pass or attenuate for each speaker? You can find all sorts of resources to help determine component values once you have this.