Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PMDC motor armature winding

ottoolsen

Jan 26, 2022
Hi! im sure this question has been up here several times, but i find my motor to be strange, and because it took a long time between unwinding it, and now im starting to rewind, i became unsure if this realy can be correct, this motor is a thrige titan it is a 24V 2200W motor and has fixed 1300 RPM, it has 3 sets of windings in every slot x6 wire in each and dobble layer, set 1 and 3 is 1 turn, nr 2 is 2 turns.it has 17 slots and a 51 segment commutator. and in real degree turns the commutator is about 180 degree connection while the winding is only 90 degree. im not an expert on this i have rewound a couple of motors, but nothing like this, maybe someone with better understanding can guide me a little here, so i dont waste 2 kg og copper wire. i have made a simplifyed drawings i think is correct exept, the brush connection, that seems not to be correct, but they where connected like this and the motor was kind of working . Regards Otto 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 3.JPG rotor.jpg

ottoolsen

Jan 26, 2022
Really? That would make for ~92 A of motor current. I doubt the numbers are correct. Maybe 240 V?
It is rated a 120A motor, and 23V the electrical system is 24V, so maybe cable powerloss makes the 23V factor. but yes it is a 3 hp motor, running 2 hydraulic pumps on a trailerlift. This danish company don't exist anymore, but exist as TT electric in France, but they Don't have shematics for older motors. and for is's size it is a complex dobble wound motor. Regards Otto