Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PoE hub power

bigpego90

Dec 1, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a problem with an ethernet system that have a proprietary configuration and I don't know how to split one cable in 4 with the same kind of signal and power.
Do you have any idea how can I split this cable with a 18v power?
Thank you all very much for any help

The configuration is....

ww.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hello everyone, I have a problem with an ethernet system that have a proprietary configuration and I don't know how to split one cable in 4 with the same kind of signal and power.
Do you have any idea how can I split this cable with a 18v power?
Thank you all very much for any help

The configuration is....
Y42DpT05DJ5fZqeQ-HRzV4evFclhMOafgbJVYfq0VtPc-ZwVuiPmVt_x5pCrjbgq3W0pgsLv_NQoC9Y=w1679-h942
You need to be able to please fix your image. It works for you, but no one else has authorization to view it.

I'm also unsure how you want to split your cable. If it's a proprietary implementation, then we will *need* to know the specifics about it to be able to suggest anything.

If you are lucky, pairs 3 and 4 will be used for power, and pairs 1 and 2 will be data. If this is the case, you can hack your way to a solution by removing the last two pairs, then putting the first two into a standard Ethernet switch or hub. (Assuming... DANGEROUS WORD... that the communications are still standard on the first two pairs.)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
You need to be able to please fix your image. It works for you, but no one else has authorization to view it.

it worked when I posted it in the thread LOL

let me see if I can sort it out

should be good now

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Thank you for fixing the picture.
You can't use a normal ethernet hub/switch... In fact, I would try to avoid calling it ethernet...

I was close to being correct on the pairs though!
The first pair is digital audio (Pin 1 and 2)
The second pair is ground (Pin 3 and 6)
The remaining pins are reserved for the 18V supply.

As far as splitting this is concerned... I'm not sure how you can manage this...
We don't know if the digital audio signal is keyed or has a unique ID... if it's meant to have a dedicated line per mixer then I doubt we can easily split this cable...
Of course, it depends what you want to accomplish.
If you want to split an 'output', then hopefully it's a one way communication and multiple receivers can listen in parallel.
If you want to split and use multiple sources as an 'input' then you will need some signal processing which is most likely above my skill level.

bigpego90

Dec 1, 2016
Thank you very much for the answers, well my goal it's just split the output, so it's just copies of the same signal, but, the problem is that I can't split the power and the signal without losing them, I need an "amplifier", but I don't know how to find it. Thanks

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Thank you very much for the answers, well my goal it's just split the output, so it's just copies of the same signal, but, the problem is that I can't split the power and the signal without losing them, I need an "amplifier", but I don't know how to find it. Thanks
Well, this is where things might get tricky.
Let's simplify and say you want to split device A to provide a signal to device X and Y.
If both device X and Y provide 18V, then connecting their power wires together may end up causing problems.
Additionally, if A is the only device providing power, then splitting it's power output too many times could cause it to 'overload'.
In both cases, the ideal solution would be to *avoid* splitting the power wires, and simply provide 18V independently to the additional devices who *need* it.
As far as signal is concerned... if it's a one-way signal you *should* be able to split it.
If the receiving device sends back acknowledgements or requests then you will not be able to simply split this line.
Keep in mind that multiple splits on this will cause problems as well... as every split will weaken the signal.

At this point, there is too little I know about the device(s) and the only solution appears to be testing a couple of simple splits. Any more and you will need to know what kind of signal is on the wire to see if you can build or buy a repeater or buffer.