Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Polaroid p49fn0038k, burn dip switch location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Polaroid sign flashes on for a second or so then screen goes black but still has power coz red standby light comes on when I press the on/off button underneath. I've read there's a burn dip switch somewhere in the back and despite looking over every mm again and again I can't find it. Can anyone help please and let me know where it is so I can at least try it before I throw it out tomorrow

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
I opened the center of the back cover,then the metal cover covering the board inside.I then located what I will call a "dip switch", switched the bottom switch (labeled BURN) to on and the TV has played for hours.

Otherwise . . . . give us photos of the described area(s)

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
I opened the center of the back cover,then the metal cover covering the board inside.I then located what I will call a "dip switch", switched the bottom switch (labeled BURN) to on and the TV has played for hours.

Otherwise . . . . give us photos of the described area(s)
Hey thanks for your reply, it's the only one I've had tbh lol. OK so I've taken the black plastic cover off the back of it and there's 3 circuit boards, white one on the left, small green one centre bottom and triangle one on the right all situated on a large metal surface. I don't see any other metal cover though so I'll send you some pics and see if you can point me in the right direction. Fingers crossed

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Typical isn't it I've tried uploading the photo of the back of it and it keeps saying error while uploading file but I'll keep trying but if not, is there any other way to send you the photos

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

Resize the pictures to about 300 kB and you will be fine to upload the pictures.

Bertus

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Hello,

Any photo or paint program can do the resize.
A well known free program is ImageMagic:
https://imagemagick.org/index.php

Bertus
I dunno what's going on now I can't download upload any of the photos

If I told you that the left side board is white and says cold and hot on it. The small one is centre bottom and the right one is triangle shape. Everything is clean and no misshapen capacitors but I don't see any metal cover

Just a silly question, should I be looking for this burn switch actually located on one of the circuit boards or is it hidden underneath something else

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Na I'm sorry I've tried everything and I can't download any photos

Is there any way we could sort this out somewhere else

Starting to get a headache with this now I think it's getting launched in a minute

Won't let me upload any photos

Please tell me where you located the dip switch

I haven't been able to upload any photos on here but I've logged onto your Facebook page and basically asked the same question and added some photos on there. I'd appreciate it if you could please find a minute to take a quick look and hopefully tell me where I need to be looking for the burn dip switch as I've been over every inch of the back inside of the TV and read pretty much every single word that's printed all over each and every circuit board and the only metal plate part that's visible is just the one big rectangular piece that the circuit boards are actually attached to and I can't see any way to take that off and I'm not too confident that's what you're talking about. It's probably just my luck that I've got the one and only polaroid tv that doesn't have a burn dip switch at all and I've been flogging a dead horse when I should have thrown it in the bin days ago. Please tell me I'm wrong

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I've never seen a more confusing site for knowing what to click on where to go how to post how to talk to someone

Really ? .... It's pretty straight forward :)

I've been trying to get a reply since this morning and I'm still none the wiser

well you have had a bunch of replies :)

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Really ? .... It's pretty straight forward :)

well you have had a bunch of replies :)
Yeah I can see that but none of them have made me any the wiser and I've clicked on different areas of the notifications relating to my query but I end up having to send an email, can't upload photos after a few replies directing me to a photo resize app that you have to pay to use. I've ended up venting my frustration and I feel alot better after smashing it up and throwing it out of my window

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Yeah I can see that but none of them have made me any the wiser and I've clicked on different areas of the notifications relating to my query but I end up having to send an email, can't upload photos after a few replies directing me to a photo resize app that you have to pay to use. I've ended up venting my frustration and I feel alot better after smashing it up and throwing it out of my window
So I'm still in the dark here I mean how do I read the replies

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

You can resize a picture in paint:

Bertus

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Hello,

Bertus
I'm not here to mess around with resizing pictures I just want someone anyone anywhere to help me with locating the burn dip switch on a polaroid p49fn0038k and if it even has one is that too much to ask

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

When you are asked to upload pictures as @73's de Edd suggested, you will have to make the smaller to be able to upload the pictures.
The system can work with pictures of about 300 kB.
Without the pictures we can not help you.

Bertus

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Hello,

Bertus
Wow man I click the little pic square, irrelevant, reply link just shows me someone's profile useless, click my enquiry and that takes me to another confusing screen with a load of other useless things that don't help me with anything at all. I'm not bothered about resizing pictures just tell me what I need to do and where to look for the part I'm asking you about coz I've been trying to get a right or wrong answer for 2 days now and I'm not stupid when it comes to finding my way around websites apart from this one. Forget about resizing pictures for a minute please will you coz I'll go to a photo camera site for that I'm on here to fix my telly

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Hello,

When you are asked to upload pictures as @73's de Edd suggested, you will have to make the smaller to be able to upload the pictures.
The system can work with pictures of about 300 kB.
Without the pictures we can not help you.

Bertus
I sent him some pictures to his yahoo email address yesterday

Haighy

Apr 20, 2021
Why can't you just tell me where to look for this burn dip switch or if its got one I've already given the model number so isn't that enough for anyone to t
Tell me where to look or not to bother looking

Status
Not open for further replies.