Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Portable Power Station no AC port power

Popwar

Aug 2, 2022
I have an almost useless GooLoo power station that charges fine and USB ports work fine, but the AC output is not working or responding to power on via the AC button. The 12vDV port tries to work but it just beeps and turns off. Obviously the inverter is the problem. Where should I look for issues after opening the casing?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Sounds like you have zero to no experience with electronics so apart from anything visual, probably upstream without a paddle.

Actual model details and a few photos when/if you get the case open would be helpful to a small degree.
Also how old the system is.....
how often you use it...............
how often you charge it..........

Could be just a knackered internal supply battery.........

Read the posting instructions on the maximum size for any photos and take a good look at them before posting.
So many are posted with blurry or no detail.

Popwar

Aug 2, 2022
The model is the GooLoo p600 . Its only a few months old. Have only charged it to 100% twice as I haven't used it that much yet. It has been like this since day 1. I have experience in computer repair, televisions, phones, but not with power stations or inverters. I will post pictures sometime tomorrow.

I have opened it a while back without being really invasive and just looked for any loose connections to which I didnt find any.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Why not take it back to where you bought it then..????
Surely would have warranty of some kind unless it fell off the back of a truck.:)

Popwar

Aug 2, 2022
I ordered it online. Its a defective unit I got to keep for free after they sent me a replacement. I want to keep it to fix my self and save money.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
There's probably little/zero information (technically) for this product - pretty much the same deal with ALL electronics these days with manufacturers claiming IPR (intellectual property rights) on everything they manufacture. It's a ruse to stop people repairing rather than replacing.

That said, most things are fixable with the right information at hand and the skills to test/repair BUT this is as good as impossible without pictures (as stated above) which must be clear, in focus and relevant.

Once we have the pictures we MIGHT be able to advise further but this very much depends on both your own practical skills and tools/test equipment that you MUST have to go any further.

Over to you.