Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power distribution box (CCTV)

bluegene

Apr 11, 2013
Hello all,
Please guide me how can i make an 8 channel cctv camera power distribution box that outputs 12v dc.the circuit shoud also have a fuse and led each for all the 8 cameras.please give your valuable opinion and explain in layman language as i am new to the electronic area.thank you

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
how much current per camera?
What type of connector do they use? (PoE?)
Just a distribution box or power supply as well?

greigy

Mar 28, 2013
if you want to go as cheap as possible. i would use an old pc power supply to supply the power, most will supply 15 or 20A, the ratings are written on the side of them. each camera i imagine would use well under 1A so there is plenty of room to add extra cameras later if you desire.

as for fusing just put an inline fuse on each camera lead wire or get a fused distribution block. depending on the distribution block it may have led indicators and switches. if you label the fuses you may not even need led's

here is a link to an atx power supply pinout. use the yellow 12v wires as the positive and the black ground wires as negative

http://pinouts.ru/Power/atxpower_pinout.shtml

i have used pc power supplies as general power supplies for ages and they make great high current power supplies