Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power Supply & contoller

Heeran

Nov 13, 2012
Hi,
I am trying to build a transformer less power supply.The input of the power supply is 230Vac.The power supply must have two outputs, one output to charge a lithium ion 7.4v 2600Mah battery pack and the second output to drive a 6 to 8v micro-controller that will drive a 3.2v 700mah high power led. This power supply will be constantly connected to the 230Vac supply. So the charging part of the circuit needs to switch off after charging and on when charging is required.

The control circuit needs to work with a input voltage of 6 to 8v. It must be controlled by a laser to switch off/ on the LED as well as dim the LED. This control circuit must only when there is 230Vac present.

The second control circuit will work the same, but will drive a 3.2v 300mah LED and the input of this circuit will be from the battery. This circuit must only work when there is no 230Vac input.

If the two control circuits can be combined using one LDR, that would be fine.

Please assist me with this circuit as I have tried to build some circuits from the internet but non of them have the functions I require.

Thank you

Heeran

Nov 13, 2012
Hi, is there anyone out there that can assist me in this circuit? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
No 1: I suggest you do not use a transformerless design. For your own safety, use an isolated power supply (mains transformer or transformer coupled switch mode power supply.

No 2: For charging the LiIon battery, use a dedicated charger IC Google, there is more than one manufacturer offering more than one product each). These charger ICs can handle charging autonomously, including automatic charge termination.

No. 3: For driving the LED see the tutorial.

As for the laser control: Please specify in detail, how this is supposed to work.
Do you want the controller to be on while light shines on the sensor, off when tehre is no light?
Or do you want the laser to act instantaneously (one laser pulse = on, second laser pulse = off)?

Heeran

Nov 13, 2012
Hi. I require the transformer less power supply because of the extremely small area, that why I require this circuit to charge the lithium ion and supply the control circuit, thus having two outputs.
I require one pulse=on second pulse=off. or when on and the laser is pointed at the LDR and not pulsed, the dimming procedure will be engaged.

Heeran

Nov 13, 2012
Hi, have you guys managed to come up with a way to assist me in the circuits that I require.
Please let me know, I have viewed the data sheet of the lithium ion IC, I would like to confirm that these types of IC just need a specified input? and will the IC do the automatic charging and stop, have the temperature monitor, and short circuit protection? If I am incorrect in my statement, please explain how must I go about using the lithium ion charger IC for 2cell 7.4v 2600mah pack.

The control circuit, I still can't find a confirmed design to carryout the required operations.