Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power Supply Leads question

SparkyCal

Mar 11, 2020
1. I have a power supply that I lost the test leads to. Unlike your normal banana plugs that sort of have splinters on the plug (the part that actually inserts into the power supply's - and + ports), the leads have slits, but they do not balloon out. Basically, they look like straight pins, but with slits on them that are also straight. Does anyone know what they are called? I keep finding he ones that are true banana plugs, with the slits that balloon out, but that is not the kind that this power supply takes.

Question 2. On the enclosed pic, on the right hand side, you will see leads that look like a water pic end. How does one use these types of leads? Are they designed to lock on to something?

Thank-you.

Attachments

• GBK-200.GIF
    GBK-200.GIF
    42.6 KB · Views: 17

PETERDECO

Dec 19, 2019
Question #1 I don't have a clue. Question #2 yes. You hold them with 2 fingers and use your thumb to push the middle. Out of the end comes a hook that you clip onto your wire or circuit.

SparkyCal

Mar 11, 2020
Question #1 I don't have a clue. Question #2 yes. You hold them with 2 fingers and use your thumb to push the middle. Out of the end comes a hook that you clip onto your wire or circuit.
Thank-you!

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
I'd guess your connectors are probably something like a phosphor bronze bullet connector, throwing in the words machined or slotted might help or might not but mainly you just want the right Diameter, Length, and Amps current. A normal springed leaves type banana plug with the right D/L/A rating might also work.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
As far as I recall these slotted plugs are compatible to modern spring loaded banana plugs. Diameter should be ~ 4 mm.
We always had to ensure a good fit of these plugs (aka good contact) by widening the slots (using e.g. a pocket knife) just a bit so the plug effectively became wider and held snuggly in the receptacle.
The modern spring loaded version is a great improvement over these types.

ivak245

Jun 11, 2021
As said above, widen the slot until it fits snugly. Just be real careful doing it, as it does not take much to snap off one or more of the "quarters" on those old plugs. I think they were chromed brass, so very brittle.