Maker Pro
Maker Pro

power supply unit mystery

jhendor

Feb 6, 2013
Hi guys
I installed a power supply unit of 220V input AC power supply and 12V DC output to power 4 security cameras. The power to the power supply AC input is from a UPS source and not raw power. But the challenge now is that when its about 7pm in the evening, 7 cameras in the power supply unit goes off and on in 3seconds interval fluctuations and only comes back up around 6pm. At this time of fluctuations, the DC output voltage goes between 5V and 12V.
This is a mystery because i have exhausted all the possible troubleshooting i could and the problem remains pending. Has anybody encountered such a similar issue and how was it tackled? Or does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I would guess that at 7pm the IR illumination is turned on and this extra load overloads your power supply. The situation continues until 6am (you said 6pm) when the ambient light is good enough that the IR LEDs are turned off.

I would suggest temporarily running fewer cameras and/or measuring the current being drawn.

edit: I guess those times would place you in the northern hemisphere.

Last edited: