Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power window limit switch bypass

endale

Apr 9, 2021
hi everybody,
I have Nissan Patrol y61 (LH model-2003) and the main driver side power window switch is totally damaged and since i couldn't find any product and decided to use Nissan x trial main power window switch. Unfortunatly the x-trial work with limit switch and encoders connected to it.
I did all wiring to three doors perfectly but the driver side is not working until the limit and encoder circuit is bypassed.
pleas tell me how i should bypass encoder and limit switch and supply power to the motor (+ &-) directly.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Can you post a photo of the drivers door switch unit?.
Some vehicles have full control of all windows from the drivers door. Therefore doubling the wiring at the drivers door.
Some also have a lock switch that the driver controls so windows can't be used by passengers.
Without the wiring diagram, it can get quite complex. But you may find each window has it's own colour coding, then at the drivers door, the same colour wiring plus one other. That other is more than likely the drivers door window wiring.
The limit switch can simply be shorted but the window may not want to stop when fully up or down.

Martin

endale

Apr 9, 2021
Can you post a photo of the drivers door switch unit?.
Some vehicles have full control of all windows from the drivers door. Therefore doubling the wiring at the drivers door.
Some also have a lock switch that the driver controls so windows can't be used by passengers.
Without the wiring diagram, it can get quite complex. But you may find each window has it's own colour coding, then at the drivers door, the same colour wiring plus one other. That other is more than likely the drivers door window wiring.
The limit switch can simply be shorted but the window may not want to stop when fully up or down.

Martin
ok thanks for your assistance.... and I attached the driver side master switch

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 5

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Have you tried connecting 8 and 9 of (EL) to 1 and 3 of (GW)?.

Martin

endale

Apr 9, 2021
Have you tried connecting 8 and 9 of (EL) to 1 and 3 of (GW)?.

Martin
thanks for replay,
Nissan Y61 2003 owns EL wiring but due to the failarity of its main power window switch(D5), then i want to replace it by Nissan x-trial 2004 main power window switch (D7) having GW wiring. When all three switches are working but the driver window regulator motor doesn't have encoder and limit switch i couldn't get any signal on pin 1 and 2 of D7 at GW.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3

RTmaype

Aug 16, 2021
Does anyone know where I can locate the plastic trim piece that holds the rear power window switch in place. I have a 1986 Mercedes 190D

Anything else that could be used for this?
Thanks.