Maker Pro
Maker Pro

powered computer speaker

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Whatever he bought isn't relevant. What Bob described I've done more times than I can remember. It's dirt simple and it's effective. ... KISS! ;)

Chris

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
The dishes comes to mind. :D

Bob
I really didn't understand that. I mean .. like I stared at it for a few minutes struggling to figure out what it meant. Then it dawned on me that this is what my wife says I don't know how to do. I'm glad I never learned that science. :)

Chris

rtrg

Oct 22, 2015
GPG--- The board has a 2 point power connector with a jumper installed, think HDD, and a MUTE connector WITHOUT jumper marked MUTE. There is no speaker BUZZ when I touch the input. Should I install the jumper in the MUTE connector closing the 2 pins? The data sheet I have does not say. Here is a photo of what I have. I do not have any more info. I do not want to damage the board. Advice please.

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 73

rtrg

Oct 22, 2015
rtrg,
As they are stereo amps and you only want to use one channel, you will need to put a load on the channel you are not using. (some homework for you).

PS. DC centre pin is +

View attachment 22821

Should I install the 2 pin jumper on the MUTE switch? There is NO speaker buzz when I touch the input. Could I damage the board?

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
That Mute pin will only mute when either connected or not!.
It is not an important part of your wiring.
You can leave the link in place or put a switch in its place. You wont damage the board.

Martin

GPG

Sep 18, 2015
Did you get any documentation with the amp? A high on the Mute pin = turns the amp off

Last edited:

rtrg

Oct 22, 2015
That Mute pin will only mute when either connected or not!.
It is not an important part of your wiring.
You can leave the link in place or put a switch in its place. You wont damage the board.

Martin
I could not get the board to function despite the lit power led. 2 speakers connected, stereo plug, 12 volt supply, volume at full. I bought a small stereo 12 volt dc supplied amp. Cigar box sized. Am already using one with my other back up. Can put it behind the flat screen out of the way. It also has a usb for power. works well.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Can you draw a diagram of how you connected it all? Not modules, the connections...
I am sure you must be doing something wrong.

As @GPG said, the header pins could be connected for mute or disconnected for speaker output.
Either way you can still leave it in place by putting connector to just one pin to avoid losing it.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Let me try and explain....
You have two stereo amps, and only using one channel on each!
You want to control the volume of L & R independantly....Each amp has it's volume pot.
One speaker to left amp and one speaker to right amp!..

Sound card has a stereo output. L & R.
Connect left output to left amp input, and right output to right amp input. Leaving unused channels on each amp with no connections.
Connect left speaker to left amp, left output. And right speaker to right amp, right output.
Power up using appropriate power source. Make sure power source is adequate for two amps!.

Martin

rtrg

Oct 22, 2015
I finely got these to work. It was as simple as a bad input wire! A stero plug with open wires to use to BUZZ the inputs. Then I used a stereo "Y" plug,plug,plug cable. Tip tp left, ring to right input. Speakers the same. Done! The only issue is that the speaker enclosures do not allow access to the volume control, nor are power switches easily conneted. At least I have the tray volume, and/or app volume to use. Switched outlet for power. I knew this was easy. It never dawned on me that a simple bad wire could be the issue. ive and learn.