Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Precor Treadmill controller help

animal

May 1, 2020
hello , not sure if I put this in the right place , so if wrong please move to the proper place .
I have a Pacific Scientific PWM3652-5458-3 motor that came from a Precor treadmill . it was running when I pulled the motor but unfortunately I lost the envelope with the wiring diagram. I have called Precor & they can't tell me what the pinouts are for the RJ45 connector in the upper right of one of the pictures . from what I little I have found online that connector marked J5COMM is where the PWM control comes into the motor control board . I'm pretty sure the treadmill mdl was a 9.55 . I know that this is a real stout motor & I would like to install it on my mill , has anyone had any experience with this board or treadmill ? the motor specs are 220VDC 3.2 HP 12 Amps 3400 Watts. it was running off 120VAC when I got it . I'm not against building a controller if someone could point me in the right direction if they know of one that's available online . I'm aware of the KB electronics & others but have no budget for one at this time.I'll try to attach pic's of the controller I have incase theres someone that has some experience with this board , sorry for the long rant & thanks
animal

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
What was running off of 120v? The T.M. or just the board and motor?
Post the picture.
M.

animal

May 1, 2020
the treadmill was . thats why I grabbed it was to get a nice motor that would run off 120 VAC , but I kinda shot myself in the foot by not keeping the upper control board for trouble shooting & loosing the schematic
animal

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
220v dc motor running from 120v ac is going to take some serious gear,,,both to run and control speed

sure there wasn't a power tranny hidden down under the machine somewhere.?

For a milling machine, I'd be looking for a simple old everyday AC motor.

animal

May 1, 2020
, pretty sure I got all the electronics out . I learned after the first one how deep to go to get all the good parts , just wish I have kept the upper board on this one
animal