Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Problem testing TLE4269GM

blowncap

Oct 13, 2022
Hello!

I am repairing polaris atv speedmeter, i have tested every component on the card (mainly smds) and they are ok.

TLE4269gm voltage regulators is heating up, about 45celcius. Everything else on the board stays cool.

I tested all the grounds and they are ok, but the first pin RADJ is also showing continuity to the ground, and i think it should not be like that. Does anyone have a clue is this chip toasted?

Thanks! (and sorry my english)

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
.....And just what seems to be the problem exactly.
That chip, according to the spec puts out 5v with 150mA max and it's own thermal shut down circuitry.......
Does it have 5v out...??
Is it over 150 degrees (spec shut off level) ...??
Is it shutting off or you just think it's not right...?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The first thing to measure on a volatge regulator is: Is the output voltage correct? If yes, then there is probably nothing to worry about the regulator.
Provided you have access to an oscilloscope, you may monitor the output to verify the output voltage is stable and not superimposed by wildly oscillating waveforms.

the first pin RADJ is also showing continuity to the ground, and i think it should not be like that.
Don't "think". Verify by looking up the datasheet of the TLE4269. It is stated there:
1665638004898.png

TLE4269gm voltage regulators is heating up, about 45celcius.
45 ° may be completely acceptable in a room temperature environment. Remember: This is a linear regulator with the accompanying high power dissipation. For a more detailed evaluation one will need more parameters like
- input voltage
- output voltage
- output current
- type of case of the ic
- where is the temperature rise measured.
From these params and the thermal data in the datasheet one can calculated whether the ic operates within its limits or not.

blowncap

Oct 13, 2022
Thanks for the replys!
I was just wondering why the radj was grounded. But the voltage regulator seems to be working. Output voltage is 5v. Problem was smd transistor and leaking capacitor, its Fixed now!