Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Problem with ceiling led

novelBlanket

Feb 21, 2023
Hello,

After a couple of years that my ceiling led worked fine, it recently started to malfunction.

I removed the bottom cover, and as you can see in the video when I turn on the switch, the led lights up only partially, and continuously flickers(though the flickering is not so pronounced in the video). Then when I turn off the switch, strangely the led shuts off very slowly.

My question is if the problem is in the led strips themselves? and if so will replacing them fix the problem?

Thank you!

VIDEO LINK - https://imgur.com/DYIPXQS

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 9

danadak

Feb 19, 2021
What does circuit board look like underneath, a pic ?

Regards, Dana.

bidrohini

Feb 1, 2023
Not necessarily the problem is in the strips. It can exist in other parts of the circuit too. If possible, try to test the strips with a direct power supply. And see how they response.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I doubt there's a circuit board underneath. The LED driver seems to directly drive the 4 LED strips.
There seems to be a problem with some of the LEDs which in turn could cause an overload of the driver. The slow shutdown vould be caused by teh capacitors in the driver storing energy which is not released quick enough due to the failing LEDs.
Replacing the LEDs may help, but you will have to find the right ones...

novelBlanket

Feb 21, 2023
Thanks for all the suggestions!
I think I'll try to replace the whole innards as Bluejets suggested.