Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Problem with SC 16C752

toshke

Dec 18, 2007
I am using SC 16C752 and I have some problems that occur occasionally and disrupt the application. I'm not using FIFO and have no software nor hardware flow control. I work on 115200 bps. I assume that after restart of UART registers have default state. Only allowed interrupts are transmit and receive. Interrupts are being served according to the manual. The problems are following:

1. From time to time I get sequences of Rx itnerrupts (time out interrupt, meaning that the data is too long in the buffer) and processor is getting stuck with this interrupt, because after it exits the interrupt, it jumps to another Rx interrupt and reads the same data again... Sometimes this data being read is a part of the message that is being transmitted through UART. I service timeout interrupt according to data-sheet, but it seems not to be enough. Should this interrupt be processed in some other way, or should something else be initialized in the beginning?

2. I have problem to receive FF byte via serial cable. Sometimes I get FF, but most of the time no. Instead of FF, I read a random byte, sometimes this byte is a part of a message being transmitted through serial communication. As I said, flow control is forbidden.

Could anyone help me with this issues?
Thanks