Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Problem with Toshiba 26DV615DB LCD tv.

gurrg

Nov 26, 2014
Hi. I'm hoping someone can help with this fault on a Toshiba 26DV615DB LCD tv. Symptoms are as follows:

This is a fault which just appeared one day out of nowhere. The tv appears to start up normally, but usually displays a blank, dark grey screen. (The backlight is on). Sometimes when I switch on it will show a normal picture, but it is frozen. Over a period of about 20 to 50 minutes, the display will gradually change. For example, if the frozen picture is displayed, it gets brighter, until the picture starts turning negative, then fades to grey again. This may happen about three times during the time period. Later on in the time period, it may start to show signs of an active picture, but it is obviously completely out of sync. The sound is normal throughout.

After this, a flickering picture will start to appear, which gradually gets more stable, then finally a normal picture appears which stays that way until it is switched off.

I had a spare LCD video board, which I fitted, but the symptoms stayed the same. So all that's left to suspect is the CEG 376C power supply, or the LCD itself.

I'm not aware of an LCD fault which would cause these symptoms, so I suspect bad capacitors on the power board causing one of the supply voltages to be low. The caps themselves look ok, but I can find very little info on the CEG 376C, which is a standard power supply used by many manufacturers.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, or has a schematic for the power supply, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, Greg

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi there Greg and welcome to Electronics Point :)

Sorry for the slow reply!

I doubt I'll be able to give you any specific advice, but there may be other folks here who can.

I found the service manual at http://elektrotanya.com/toshiba_19-22-26dv615d.zip/download.html. When you load the page, scroll down just below the rectangle, where it says "processing..." and wait about 30 seconds, and that will change to a link to start the download. This is a great site for manuals and schematics.

There is a schematic of the power supply on page H-123 of the smaller PDF file inside that ZIP file.

Please ask if you think we can help with anything.

gurrg

Nov 26, 2014
Hi. Many thanks for the welcome, and the link to the service manual, that is a great help! That looks like a useful website, as does this one.

It's probably a one off fault, but worth a shout on a forum like this.

Thanks, Greg.