Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Project design with minimum cost

Daljeet12

Jun 16, 2018
if your client want to control five light bulb, two ceiling fan using mobile app wirelessly

How do you design projrct with minimum cost ?

Ceiling fan technical specification
Rated voltage : 220-240 v, AC, 50 Hz.
Power consumption: Not more than 60 watts.

light bulb technical specifications
Rated voltage : 220-240 v, AC, 50 Hz.
Power consumption: Not more than 10 watts.

Is this possible to develop under $12 to $8 ? if no then suggest minimum cost for project ?

My question is mainly focused to get information on how do you design project with minimum cost. I don't really want to develop it. I just want to see your approch

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
if your client want to control five light bulb, two ceiling fan using mobile app wirelessly
Why bother?
Plenty of proven apps in conjunction with home automation already exist. The receivers for lighting can be as cheap as £8.
Are you coding a new app?

Martin

Daljeet12

Jun 16, 2018
Why bother?
Plenty of proven apps in conjunction with home automation already exist. The receivers for lighting can be as cheap as £8.
Are you coding a new app?

Martin
As I said before I just want to see your approach, I am not going to write any code, nor developing real project

If you are an engineer and I am your client. I am asking you what will be the minimum estimated cost to complete this project

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
A one off project would be very expensive if designed solely (from scratch) for one customer. Coding, receiver design, components, PCB design and manufacture, safety and emissions compliance etc etc.

Martin

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Wemo + Sonoff + free apps.
or
Wemo + smart bulbs + free apps.
Development costs frequently means use what's available. It's expensive to reinvent the wheel.
How? The normal ways. You do the sums :)
Each option gets an estimate of unit cost, manufacture cost & development costs & support costs.
You have in hand an estimate of the projected numbers of units & anticipated unit cost that can support the business proposition.
For small numbers this usually restricts design/development time significantly: engineering time gets expensive quickly.
Are you prepared to contract to places where the development cost is lower?

KellyGreene

Aug 4, 2022
Personally, I feel like it's impossible to design this under $12 to $8. But, I'm still a newbie at all of this?

How much do you personally think such a project will require?