Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Project Ideas

devkwondoe

Jul 20, 2012
Hello. I have been asked by a teacher at my college to do an independent study doing a cool electronics project. I was hoping to get a brainstorming thing going. I like the idea of interactive things ( possibly music/game) and lights. Maybe re-create the dancing water speakers or something along those lines. Please help me out. Thanks for the replies. :D

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
could I start with your level of experience?
and secondly Welcome to the forums
thirdly have you seen anything that has caught your eyes so far? like the big bang theory where they put milk in a speaker... or remote controlled cars from across the internet?
the Ideas are endless, the level of expertise for each increases.

just had a thought, EL wire suits. I know its been done before but they have music AND lights... I wouldn't put water in there due to 99% chance of becoming toast... but the other areas are there

Last edited:

devkwondoe

Jul 20, 2012
i have taken two semesters worth of classes dealing with circuits. The class in the spring I built a drag racing game which after each player hit their own button once, the lights would go yellow yellow green, and depending who hit the button first, it would say either one player won ( hit first after green) or faulted ( hit first on yellow). It consisted of flip flops, 555 timers, decoders, etc. I know how to work with filters. The whole point is to learn so I am open to anything, but I am not supposed to use an Adrino. I really like the interactive aspect of electronics, it makes it very interesting.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
or can you use the avr chip?
just because you can't use arduino doesn't mean you can't build your own version

devkwondoe

Jul 20, 2012
The whole idea is for me to build something from scratch. Using digital or analog technology. I can use an audrino or something like it, but the whole point is to mainly focus on the circuit itself.