Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PSK Design - Can someone please help

Vee09

Apr 10, 2021
This is to design a PSK (phase shift keying) system and assess the effects of number of constellation as well as communication channel.

(1) Use Simulink to design a Binary PSK (BPSK) communication system as in Figure 1.

binary source generator

PSK modulator

Channel

PSK demodulator

Figure 1

Use random binary source generator (you may use the source setup in your Lab 5 - Extra experiment) and AWGN (additive white Gaussian noise) as your channel effect. Use oscilloscopes and constellation maps to inspect the signals at right points of the system. Increase the noise level, draw the bit error rate (BER) versus signal to noise ratio (SNR), and specify at which noise level the demodulator is not able to recover the original signal accurately anymore. Draw your schematic and provide the constellation maps together with the input and output binary signals.

(ii) Use QPSK instead of BPSK in part (i). Demonstrate the results and compare it with those of BPSK. You may use the symbol rates similar to those suggested in the lab exercises.

Attachments

• IMG-20210410-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210410-WA0000.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
@Vee09 : This is obviously an assignment or homework. Please understand that in this forum we will not do your homework, but we'll be glad to support you in finding the solution yurself.
So for starters please state what you have done and achieved so far and where you are stuck.

Vee09

Apr 10, 2021
Hello Sir,

Thank you for your response but I will be honest, I am just trying to help my girl who is struggling with this question.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
In that case it is up to her to show her efforts and results so far.