Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Push Button automation

setofdraws

Aug 13, 2021
Hello, apologies if i have posted in the wrong thread but i need some help.. I managed to dismantle a plush toy (with moving parts) which i am going to incorporate in my project. The only problem is that it has a push button so in order to activate the cycle (moving arms) you have to push the button and after a few seconds it stops. If you push the button before it stops it stops. As such, there appears to be some sort of microcontroller which stops the cycle. I'm a newbie to all this electronic stuff but is there another way to incorporate another switch where the cycle continues without the need to push the switch again?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
is there another way to incorporate another switch where the cycle continues without the need to push the switch again?
Welcome to EP.
If there is a microcontroller (which is not unlikely), there will be no easy way to manipulate this controller. But for continuous motion the controller would not be needed. Show us a crisp close-up image of the circuit board and the connections (upload < 300 bB per image). It may be possible to wire the motor(s) directly to the power supply for continuous motion.