Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pushbutton circuit

Aswin200412

Jul 15, 2016
I am using pushbutton inputs for sensing the hand pressure pattern when pressed. Have 20 pushbutton switches in a square type and when we press some of the switches get pressed and others do not. I am looking to transmit this pattern (1s and 0s) wirelessly to a receiver. Which is the best, simple and cost effective way to achieve this?

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
Have 20 pushbutton switches in a square type and when we press some of the switches get pressed and others do not.

Can you explain a bit more? How are the switches connected to MCU?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Who said they were connected to an MCU?

Bob

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Here's my two cents: scan the array of switches however you choose that associates a number from 1 to 20 with each actuated switch. Let these numbers represent binary bit positions in three bytes of a four-byte word. The fourth byte is a CRC of the first three bytes. Now, either transmit the 4-byte sequence with an IR or RF transmitter each time a bit changes in the three bytes representing the twenty push-button switches. Or transmit the 4-byte sequence repeatadly at whatever rate makes sense for your application.

It doesn't matter too much which wireless method you choose, as long as you have sufficient signal+noise to noise ratio to allow reliable reception and decoding of the data stream over the required distance. That is why I suggest including a cyclic redundancy check (CRC) byte in the data stream. You are going to need some sort of microprocessor to implement this project, so might as well add the CRC check-sum to the data stream.

Last edited: