Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Question about SD card shield for Arduino Uno

Ali Kazemian

Oct 12, 2015
Hi everyone. I'm using a SD Card shield with my arduino uno to be able to store my sensor readings over time. This is a Stackable SD Card shield (http://wiki.iteadstudio.com/Stackable_SD_Card_shield_V3.0#Pinmap) with a pinmap as attached here. Does this pinmap mean that I cannot use digital pins 0,1,4,11,12,13 and A4 and A5 for my other stuff like sensors? Thanks.

Attachments

• pinmap.jpg
    pinmap.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 143

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hi everyone. I'm using a SD Card shield with my arduino uno to be able to store my sensor readings over time. This is a Stackable SD Card shield (http://wiki.iteadstudio.com/Stackable_SD_Card_shield_V3.0#Pinmap) with a pinmap as attached here. Does this pinmap mean that I cannot use digital pins 0,1,4,11,12,13 and A4 and A5 for my other stuff like sensors? Thanks.
It means you will need to be creative... you can't use those as inputs or outputs that would conflict with the SDCard... but you *can* disable the card while you read or output something on those lines if you are careful about it.

Ali Kazemian

Oct 12, 2015
It means you will need to be creative... you can't use those as inputs or outputs that would conflict with the SDCard... but you *can* disable the card while you read or output something on those lines if you are careful about it.
Thanks for your response. Does disabling the card mean that there is no file open from SD card?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks for your response. Does disabling the card mean that there is no file open from SD card?
There will never actually be an 'open' file...
The arduino will simply open the card and read a few blocks at a time. You can disable the card after this, but then will need to re-enable it again to do another read or write.