Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Question about USB to TTL converter

ig_magician

Feb 28, 2023
Hello, this is my first post here, I would need help with a way to monitoring RS485 data with a window's PC. I have a multi function meter MFM376 I would like to monitor voltage, current, power, etc. Over RS485, I try some software that I find in the internet but it's not working. The manufacturer offers a monitoring software but it's very expensive. So I looking for a alternative solution that would be cheaper or free, I hope someone can help me.

Thank you in advance
Greetings Alex
Hello, I'am working on same thing. My task in internship is to connect MFM376 with Arduino then connect to PC to see values on serial monitor, but I have a little confusion about RS285 to USB TTL [mod edit: E-Mail removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

ig_magician

Feb 28, 2023
Hello, this is my first post here, I would need help with a way to monitoring RS485 data with a window's PC. I have a multi function meter MFM376 I would like to monitor voltage, current, power, etc. Over RS485, I try some software that I find in the internet but it's not working. The manufacturer offers a monitoring software but it's very expensive. So I looking for a alternative solution that would be cheaper or free, I hope someone can help me.

Thank you in advance
Greetings Alex
It's my first time with MFM376 and also first time with Modbus RTU and RS485...and looks like system deleted my previous message...

crutschow

May 7, 2021
I'am working on same thing. My task in internship is to connect MFM376 with Arduino then connect to PC to see values on serial monitor, but I have a little confusion about RS285 to USB TTL
Can you use off-the -shelf converter modules or do you need to do it all from scratch?