Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Question on schematic reading

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
As a rule of thumb is the diagram I am looking at on or off?

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
A schematic diagram....Any schematic... is it on or off?

Let's say I'm looking at a schematic with a switch on it...
is the switch on or off?

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
Identifying a switch on a schematic is fairly easy, is it easy to tell what the switch does? I am really finding this difficult for some reason. A 6 pin switch can simply turn on two of the pins. or it might turn on or off just one pin, or it might ground some of them, ot it might isolate a few of the pins. trying to swap an old style switch for a new style switch is proving impossible if I don't know what the old style switch did.... even if the new style has the same number of pins, it might not function the same.

How would I find out what the original switch did?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Identifying a switch on a schematic is fairly easy, is it easy to tell what the switch does? I am really finding this difficult for some reason. A 6 pin switch can simply turn on two of the pins. or it might turn on or off just one pin, or it might ground some of them, ot it might isolate a few of the pins. trying to swap an old style switch for a new style switch is proving impossible if I don't know what the old style switch did.... even if the new style has the same number of pins, it might not function the same.

How would I find out what the original switch did?

show me an example schematic, so I can see what you are referring to .... else I am only guessing

Last edited:

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir tedstruk . . . . . . . .

Assuredly this question is being related to your other posting on the Foxx Wah Box.

This switch is needed to either utilize the WAH circuitry or to bypass it.

This switch would be a Double Pole Double Throw type.
The referencing is showing it physically and its internal constructions actions.
The B and E are the two moving DOUBLE " POLES " of the switch and the A-D and C-F are being the units
" THROW " contacts that they swing between . . .both are moving in unison . . . since the dotted line shows them to be mechanicaly ganged together.

The switch is a pushbutton latching action switch . . . . a foot press on its end will cause it to transition to one of the top or bottom switching states, as being shown at 1 and 2. Then it STAYS in that same state until another foot press.

Would I be correct that the Foxx unit that you have is possibly totally missing that switch unit, if you bought the unit in a piecemeal state and with that switch missing from day one ?

Possibly the original unit became erratic and failed and then the previous owner pulled it and was unsucessfull in locating that specific type of switch . . . .thus the resultant gutted unit.
Were interconnecting wires ALSO being missing from all of the stakes on the PCB ?

Confim if there is presently a hole on the case of that unit that the shaft of that switch would pass through and mate up with the bottom of the WAH pedal at its BOTTOM limit of travel to activate the switch ? You would then physically adjust in that critical mechanical positioning, by using two washers and two control nuts on the shaft of the switch.

It seems that the switch terminals were to be butt soldered to the 6 foil squares for the switch on the PCB and THEN, the switch would ALSO, additionally support the PCB proper for its physical mounting.

If all my perceptions are falling true, continue with any additional questions back on the orig WAH post.

SWITCH INFORMATION :

STOMP WAH SWITCH.jpg

73s de Edd

Last edited: