Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Questions lithium polymer battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
A 18650 is a common cylinder-shaped Lithium battery cell used in laptops, vapers and power banks.
It is a little larger than an AA cell. It is 18mm in diameter and is 65mm long. They are sold everywhere and some are bare and others have a protection circuit in them.
1) Is this 18650 battery the battery used in the plasma pen? I don't know how to open the plasma pen because it has no screws but I know the battery is a polymer lithium cylinder

2) At the moment my interest is to preserve the battery life to the maximum and to expand the cycles of charge and discharge

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
1) Is this 18650 battery the battery used in the plasma pen? I don't know how to open the plasma pen because it has no screws but I know the battery is a polymer lithium cylinder

2) At the moment my interest is to preserve the battery life to the maximum and to expand the cycles of charge and discharge

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Nor do anybody else on this forum.
Read the good advice given.

If you can’t take it a part by yourself, then stop hoarding old equipment.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
My plasma pen I used a few times and currently has battery status with 2 bars 3 bars in total but I don't know if it has the protection chip, how long minutes and hours to recharge to go in 3 bars, you recommend without damaging life battery useful? if it reaches 3 bars and remains plugged into the USB it will reduce the battery life

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
@gamer87: this thread is now at 106 posts, since your original post on January 10, 2020. You have received excellent advice which you have apparently decided to ignore. Instead you have been re-posting the same questions repeatedly. What more, exactly, do you expect to learn here? Are you aware that your "plasma pen" is a dangerous piece of "snake oil" merchandise that can result in serious injury and/or infection of the "treated" sites?

Are you aware that none of us here has any idea what battery, or battery charging circuit, is inside your device? No body here knows what the "bars" mean on the plasma pen display. Three bars does NOT mean the battery is 100% charged, as you have assumed. It only means the battery is charged more than it is when two bars, or one bar, or no bar is displayed. Similarly, two bars means NOTHING with regard to how much the battery is charged. Two bars just means the battery is charged LESS than three bars and MORE than one bar or no bar. Finally, one bar means NOTHING with regard to how much the battery is charged. One bar means the battery is charged LESS than two bars or three bars but MORE than NO bars. No bars probably (but not certain of this) means the battery is dead.

You have said that you cannot access the internal battery, or at the very least do not know how to do so. That means you cannot make any voltage measurements on the battery terminals, which means you cannot determine the charge state of the battery. If you cannot determine the charge state of the battery, then you have no way to determine when to charge it, how much to charge it, or how often to charge it for maximum life. None of us here at Electronics Point can provide you with anymore useful suggestions. Please go troll another forum for "answers" to your interminable questions. There are no further answers available here.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
The only information I have is that the battery has 2000MAH but I thought that from your experience you had contact with electronics with this type of battery status on the LCD with 3 bars

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

You never gave any info on the charge states that belongs to the number of bars.
We can only guess what the bars could mean.
We can not give a solid advice without the info.

My opinion is that this thread has run its cause.

Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.