Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Radio Shack 61-1065 Digital Timer User Maual

Electromotive

Feb 14, 2018
Can anyone advise where I can obtain a copy of the instruction manual for the Radio Shack 7 day Digital Timer 61-1065?

Thank you... Tom

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I've been waiting to see if anybody could help you, apparently not.
Radio Shack doesn't have much of anything active any more. What references I could find were from over 10 years ago, and even back then people said there wasn't much available on your unit. I've seen several references to old Radio Shack websites that I'm not sure are active any more. They all start with http://support.radioshack.com The have extensions like 'productinfo, electronics, timers, etc. I'd Google around and see if you can find something active on one of those support websites (I spent a lot of time doing that, but couldn't find your model). Depending on how serious you are about getting this going, I will mention I saw a couple places that still had your model in-stock, at what I thought were reasonable prices. If you bought another new unit (that has the manual with it), you'd get your timer going and have a spare if you ever needed it.
I know it isn't much help, but unless you can find someone who actually has an original manual for you, you're probably going to
find a replacement or an equivalent.
Good luck with the hunt.

Electromotive

Feb 14, 2018
shrtnd: Thank you for your comments. I have looked about everywhere I could think of on the internet and have found nothing. Interesting about the new old units you found and I hadn't thought of that. Might give that some thought and take you up on the idea. Thank you for responding. Never thought much about Radio Shack changing their business model and then finally going out of the Brick and mortar stores, but looking around the house, I frequented them more than I had thought. I miss the days when Knight Kit, Heath-kit and Allied Radio offered us so much in the 60's. Thank you....

Electromotive

Feb 14, 2018
shrtnd: Again thanks. Checked e-bay and purchased new old stock in box with manual for $21.00. I had been looking on e-bay and this showed up today. thanks... Tom

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Hope it works out for you.
You sound like you're about my age. Every corner dime-store had a tube tester and a cache of new TV/Radio vacuum tubes,
Radio Shack, Olsen Electronics, Heathkit, all close by and able to supply parts.
In those days we could open a chassis and easily get the parts we needed, now everything is, 'use it until it breaks, then throw it
away and buy a new one'.
My (adult) daughter asked me if the guys I work with were all as old as I am, because she told me she doesn't know anybody her
age who knows how to fix anything. I looked around the shop at work, .... she's right. No young people who do what I still do.
'Kids' nowadays believe they're smarter than us old folks because they're whiz-bangs at working the new hi-tech devices and us
old fogies aren't up-to-speed on them. But when something breaks, they gotta buy a new one, cause they have no idea how to fix the old one that crapped-out.
We may be dinosaurs, but I wouldn't trade what I know, for what little they know (and ALL that they don't).

Electromotive

Feb 14, 2018
As a senior manufacturing engineer, my job was to keep stuff running while innovating for constant manufacturing cost decreases. Came from a poor background and a single Mom, never had all the stuff kids have today. But I didn't know I was poor. Always made things and fixed items that broke. Today I am retired but still do projects. I Like model railroading and rebuild and refinish antique radio's and clocks. I can remember having to remove our tuner from our TV and having it rebuilt at a young age. Many days I would ride my bike to the local Drugstore to test the tubes. And you did it yourself. Under the tube tester, there was a cabinet that housed the new tubes you selected from bad test results. I also remember the x-ray machines that were in the shoe stores to see how your feet fit in the shoes. I bought ammunition, fuses, fireworks and black powder at the local gun store, played with Jarts, drank directly from the hose and I'm still here. Could purchase a model car for $1.49 that costs $26.00 today. A comb was 39 cents and gas was $3.00 to fill my Volkswagon bug. In school, carried a drawing board, T-square and slide rule. Now look what's going on...

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Well I never, how things change!.
I used to solder through hole components with just my eyes. Now I need glasses and a magnifying glass..
SMD with an electronic microscope and screen.
Half the things I want to repair, I can’t. It’s simple enough to replace a microcontroller but the firmware is not available for the particular item. Eg JVC TVs. What a PITA!.

Martin