Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rangemaster Induction Hob

Homeontherange

Oct 16, 2018
Hi everyone
I have a Rangemaster induction hob cooker.
Error code 6 appears in respect of three of the five heating areas.
This code can appear when I turn on either of the areas that work or when I turn on any of the three Error 6 heating areas.

Two of the error code 6 areas sometimes work.

I have had someone out and they have suggested replacing the complete induction unit at a cost of £1000. This would be uneconomic and does not appear rational since some of the areas work no problem and occasionally two of the Error code 6 areas also work. At £1000 I might as well get a new cooker.

What I am looking for is someone who actually knows what they are doing when it comes to diagnosis and repair.

Alternatively, a source/s of how I go about fixing it myself.

I am based in Nottingham UK.

Thanks

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Got the actual make/model of the unit?

Got any pictures of the insides/electronics?

Seems like the issue could be component-level (unless you know what error code 6 actually means?) so this could be either a board replacement job (do you know if spares are available?) or component replacement - in which case do you feel competent enough to do this?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Just discovered that code 6 may refer to 'internal temperature too high for more than 3 seconds'. There are many things that can cause thermal issues - simple dirt/grease for instance - but equally it could relate to a defective component(s). May even be related tot he position of the sensor(s) that detect this overheat condition.

The only circuit diagram I can find is a simple 'block' diagram that tells you nothing so we definitely do need pictures of the board.

Homeontherange

Oct 16, 2018
Hi Kellys_eye and many thanks for your replies.
It is Rangemaster Professional plus 100.
No pictures. I think your suggestion that it is a component issue is more than likely correct.
My competency in this field is nil. So I am going to see if I can find someone locally who is competent.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Good decision - high voltages, high currents and RF energy aren't items for the uninitiated to mess with. Although I think you'll be lucky to find someone that can fix it to component level given the lack of technical data available. Without schematics it means a lot of 'time' to understand, then test then repair and as you know, time is money......

adorableally

May 9, 2020
I have a rangemaster excel freestanding induction cooker. The hob is showing Er47 and not working. Luckily ovens working still. Anyone know what this means and how to fix?