Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Raspberry pi Error

Vicky58911

Aug 10, 2017
Hello,
I am facing a strange problem with my pi 3, almost an year ago i bought a raspberry pi 3 and completed a project. Now After almost 10 months i digged my pi 3 and tried to start it again for another project but unfortunately its not displaying any result on my monitor..
The small power led is constantly on but there is no display on my monitor.

What could be the possible reason?? Does my pi 3 life span is over or there is some minor fault?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Could be a problem with your monitor! Is the lead to it ok?

Vicky58911

Aug 10, 2017
I have checked my memory card and hdmi setup with another pi 3 and its working perfectly..
My pi 3 has got me into trouble! Had any1 faced any thing like this before?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You would need ot make a careful check (eyeball) of the board to see if there is any physical damage.

Static electricity can damage boards but, generally, if they are 'complete' boards this is less of an issue. Look at the actual socket (video) on the board and see if it is still soldered properly - it may have been bashed and come loose??

Other than physical checks there is little else you can do without a greater understanding of the circuitry and using some test equipment.

Vicky58911

Aug 10, 2017
You would need ot make a careful check (eyeball) of the board to see if there is any physical damage.

Static electricity can damage boards but, generally, if they are 'complete' boards this is less of an issue. Look at the actual socket (video) on the board and see if it is still soldered properly - it may have been bashed and come loose??

Other than physical checks there is little else you can do without a greater understanding of the circuitry and using some test equipment.
I have another pi 3 which is working perfectly and i have matched it with the currently defected pi 3.. There seem to be no physical damage at all, the board is being soldered as it is a brand new pi 3.

Vicky58911

Aug 10, 2017
Can moisture be a problem as it was kept for almost an year ?? Because electronic circuits usually gets wrecked up due to moisture..

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Yes, moisture can wreck electronics but there is usually some visible signs associated with it. If the fault isn't readily apparent then, as mentioned, finding and repairing anything more than faulty leads, duff power supplies etc would be more trouble than purchasing a replacement board.