Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RCA TV polarity question

KRM

Oct 30, 2022
Hello,
I have an RCA TV model: RLEDV2238A-B. The pervious adaptor that I had powering the TV just died. I bought a new univesal adaptor and I can’t locate on the TV itself, or in the online user manual for the TV, an indication of what the polarity for the TV is.

Does anyone happen to know the polarity for this TV, or, do you have thoughts on how to locate it.

There is no polarity ‘line’ symbol on this TV.

Kevin

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
According to the pdf user manual, power supply is 12V 3A DC so any "universal adaptor " would need to be at least this rating.
As you say, there is no indication as to which is positive and negative terminal.

Most are positive centre.....BUT......one can never be absolutely certain of this and I would NOT recommend doing other than the below instruction.

Suggest you get someone with some electronics experience to open the "old" unit and trace the polarity of the connections from the plug back to the adaptor circuit board.

ED (73's dee Edd) may have access to a circuit diagram in which he could possibly tell you for certain.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Or maybe it's on the old adpater.
The image of the adaptor in the user manual seems to show a data 'plate' on the back of the power pack and I can 'just' see the info that MAY include the polarity!

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Edd (73's de Edd) may have access to a circuit diagram in which he could possibly tell you for certain.

Center pin positive . . . . . . . outer shell negative

RCA 22 in LED TV DC Pwr Spec.png

Last edited: