Maker Pro
Maker Pro

re-attaching LCD ribbon cable

gurirka

Dec 8, 2009
:(I have ripped the electronic ribbon from the top of the LCD screen (that connects the screen to the motherboard).
It is not actually ripped, rather looks like it was glued with some kind of silicone glue.

Need an advice if my TV is still repairable or spare parts.
and any ideas where to find this adhesive or how this thing can be put together is greatly appreciated

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Oh dear.. I don't see how that can be fixed, it's not just a matter using of the right glue. You'll need a new LCD.

gurirka

Dec 8, 2009
isn't it an electronics forum, i expected a better answer than "oh dear" ... who are you people??

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Who are you,and what do you expect for free from strangers? Is an expression of sympathy an insult to you?
For your information; people on boards like this don't get paid to do a job for you, they do it on behalf of their own idealistic attitude.
If you don't like an answer or think it's not top-notch then you are of course free to take your business elsewhere, there's plenty of sites to choose from on the net.
But I'm sorry if my words were too few or badly chosen making my statement ambigous and offending.

Last edited: