Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Re: Sanyo SF- P100 13 pins

Leo Lam

Mar 16, 2017
I am using this CD optical pick up on my Bose Wave Radio/CD repair, I have accumulated more than 200 pcs of this already. I am wondering if i can change the laser diode myself ( original laser pick up sells up to $32) I have difficulty finding correct supplier, knowing i don't have a the correct specification or data sheet for the laser diode, i have searched everywhere, so far to no avail, All I know it is a Sanyo SF- P100 13 pins, red emitter optical pick up for bose cd player. , somewhere I read it is 785nm wavelength 3mw Laser diode? I bought two and tested it , it didnt work, red light is too weak. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Clarification of :
I have accumulated more than 200 pcs of this already.
is that 200 Bose units or 200 of the TOTALLY WRONG laser diodes ?

If you have both the technical expertise and mechanotronics disassembly / reassembly and precise alignment experience to be able to replace the CORRECT laser diode and set up, I would absolutely place you right up there with the skillset of a SWISS watchmaker. Notice I said MAKER, not a servicer, the maker makes all the parts for $50K up watches.
You best BUY the $19-33 complete drop in unit . . . . . as the Bose was not a cheap unit to begin with.

Leo Lam

Mar 16, 2017
Hi Yes 200 plus weak / non working optical pick ups of i took or changed from Bose Top loading CD player AwRc1g Awrc1P and Awrc1w.. Changing optical pick ups is easy on this model.. Laser diode is seem easy too, just need the correct part.:)