Maker Pro
Maker Pro

reading an eeprom

aiden251181

Mar 16, 2010
hi
this is probably a simple question for most people but ive never come up against this kind of obstacle, as i work on modern plc's that i can connect to direct via laptop,
my problem is i have an inverter and plc on a test rig having failed to find any info on the inverter (skf automation model number skf vs33-daw/series b) i turned my attention to the plc which when i powered it up i could see the battery led wasnt lit neither was the program led i then discovered the test rig im working on has been disconnected for 10 years and not powered up until now.
i need to see if there is a program in the eeprom as the plc is too old to connect upto its a mitsubishi fx1-12mr you need a mitsubishi programming unit that connects to the plc directly, no leads will fit.
so eventually to the question, is there an eeprom reader that i can connect to the laptop i have so i can see the program, as im righting a new program on siemens s7-200 (its a simple test rig) but as i dont have any info on the drive i need to see what the outputs are contolling on the drive to see where my new s7 outputs need connecting.

cheers guys

coffeecuppepsi

Apr 4, 2010
Hi, i'm not really sure i understood the question.. but if you want to read an eeprom look up the data sheet for the device, that's tell you the pinout and the protocol.. might be I2C or SPI.. once you know that you can pull the chip out and maybe hook it up to a PIC programmed to simply read the eeprom start to finish and send the data via serial port to your PC...

vincent.jerry

Aug 3, 2012
probably too late Aiden but i have a SKF vs33 Inverter with a manual which I could scan in and send to you.

Jerry Vincent

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
probably too late Aiden but i have a SKF vs33 Inverter with a manual which I could scan in and send to you.

Jerry Vincent

yup the post is over 2 yrs old ;)

anyway.... welcome to the forums Jerry
Its probably not a good idea to post to any thread that is more than ~ 6 months old

Dave

Last edited: