Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rebuilding a Barnes and Noble NOOK

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi there. i dont know what a nook is, what is it ? Oh those rules apply to every one, no emails on the forum posts, but ive seen what i think is a loop hole, I DONT suggest you do this, or any one else, a couple of new members have made there user name there email address. Please i advise you DONT do this. Anyway you can personal message a member with your email address, and again whats a nook ? .

orangustang

Dec 6, 2011
A nook is an e-reader. Perhaps you've heard of Amazon's Kindle? It's similar.

So, I'm new here, and I see my link got removed. I read the rules when I signed up (they were like a paragraph and said nothing about links), and I don't see a separate page for forum rules or anything. Is linking to my own site not allowed? Of course I want hits, but I also want to contribute to the community.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Ok i understand what your nook is now, as for the web / blog link i dont know, i know emails get removed, for your own safety i believe it happens to any member leaving there email address.

You could take it up about your blog web site link with the moderators, as i say blog web site links i am not sure about that. :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The main thing is that when a first time poster simply advertises their own blog, it's normally because they are a spammer who wants to attract more links.

The normal thing that hapens is that the post is deleted and the person is banned.

In your case I thought that there was a reasonable chance that maybe you were not simly a spammer, so I just removed the links. (I also checked that you were not obviously the ebay seller you suggest on your blog post).

What I suggest is that you post some of your photos here and an explanation. If anyone asks for more information you can post a link to your blog.

We also have a Project Log section where it may be appropriate for you to describe this -- since you're not really asking questions.

I'm glad you've come back and posted again, I'm sure there are some of us out here with Nooks that would like to ask you questions.