Maker Pro
Maker Pro

rectifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatgm1

Feb 23, 2015
i dont understand the purpose of three phase rectifiers, also, i wanted to know if it was possible for me to use this diode to rectify standard household current of 120v or 240v to dc current with four of these? and also which side of the diode is the positive? http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-RURP3...348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b109b0bc

seriously, i need some advice. from what i understand the household current is at maximum 2000w, so at most 20 amps at 120 v. so 1000v at 30 amps seems like it would work right?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi there and welcome to Electronics Point :)

Household mains voltages and currents can be fatal, and based on your lack of experience, I strongly advise you to keep well away from it until you learn a lot more, including how to be safe in a high-voltage high-current environment.

No one here would advise you on how to work with mains voltages because we would be worried that you'd hurt yourself, set your house on fire, or even kill yourself. So I'm afraid I'm closing this thread, for your safety and ours.

Please feel free to ask about other subjects that aren't so dangerous! We are all happy to help with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.