Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Reduce amperage without reducing voltage. Diodes? [Noob]

Ian24

Jan 30, 2018
Diodes will reduce the voltage and will use some of the ESC power that the motor would have taken.
Can't you program your RC transmitter to limit the maximum power from the ESC by limiting the motor's speed?

i'm know nothing about programming :p and its a factory programmed..i can't change i guess :( btw thanks for reply ^^ so if Diodes consume some esc power, does it bad for the ESC? reducing the Amps is all i need :D

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The diodes in series with the supply voltage to the ESC will reduce its maximum output voltage which might reduce the maximum motor current. But some motors use a higher current when their voltage is reduced.
My RC receivers limit the maximum current then shut down in case something stops the motor from turning like the prop stuck on the ground. I can set my RC transmitter to limit the motor speed to prevent a wing tearing off.

Ian24

Jan 30, 2018
The diodes in series with the supply voltage to the ESC will reduce its maximum output voltage which might reduce the maximum motor current. But some motors use a higher current when their voltage is reduced.
My RC receivers limit the maximum current then shut down in case something stops the motor from turning like the prop stuck on the ground. I can set my RC transmitter to limit the motor speed to prevent a wing tearing off.

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot ^^ i will try this one "I can set my RC transmitter to limit the motor speed" :)