Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Reduce amperage without reducing voltage. Question. Help.

Julik

Jan 12, 2022
Umm so i have an LG Flatron IPS234v Monitor with out a power supply the power supply is DC 19.0v 1.6a and i have a notebook's power supply which is 18.5v 3.5a From a HP Company. What exactly do i need change in it to lower it AMPS without losing any voltage. I kinda understand and get it but i am unsure. so i want a bit of help from side who has more experience. I just want save 20$ for not buying it from Ebay or amazon and waiting for month or few to appear in mailbox.. Because my current Monitor can die at any given time.

Thanks for your time and help !

Last edited:

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
What exactly do i need change in it to lower it AMPS without losing any voltage.
Nothing. The current drawn is determined by the load resistance. Your monitor will take the current it needs (1.6A).

Julik

Jan 12, 2022
Welcome to EP!

Nothing. The current drawn is determined by the load resistance. Your monitor will take the current it needs (1.6A).
So i can just plug it in and it will work fine ?
because its 3.5a that i want plug in and on minotor it says 1.6a :\ i dont want burn out monitor :(

crutschow

May 7, 2021
The power supply current rating is just the maximum it can supply at its rated voltage.
The actual current drawn from the supply is determined by the load.
For example, you can hook a 1A bulb up to a battery that can supply 200A, but the bulb will only take 1A (assuming the bulb is rated to operate at the battery voltage).