Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rega Mira 1 Integrated Amplifier LED's not functioning

Chaggy78

Dec 30, 2012
Hi all!

Thanks for looking at this thread.
I have recently purchased a Rega Mira 1 Integrated amplifier, it works perfectly except that the LED on the volume dial and selector dial and also the power led are not functioning.
Does anybody know whether this may be repairable and if so how t do it.
I was thinking that the LED's may have burn't out over time but not too sure, also i was wondering that there may be components going faulty that supply power to the LED's?
I have not opened up the amp yet until i get an idea of what may be wrong.
Any help or advice would be ace!
I want to repair it myself if possible but if not i guess it's off to the repair shop which could be expensive!
Many thanks!

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
LEDs do fail very rarely. More probably a wire is broken, a resistor burnt or a driver transistor defect.
You will not be able to tell unless you open the amplifier and look at the relevant parts. Measure the voltage across the LEDs. If the voltage is high enough for the LED (e.g. ~1.6V for a red LED), then the LED really is defect. If there is insufficient voltage, the failure is elsewhere. You'll have to pinpoint the failure by following the signal chain.

Chaggy78

Dec 30, 2012
Thanks very much for your reply i really appreciate that.I will open up the amp soon and measure the voltage across the LEDs and get back to you.

Chaggy78

Dec 30, 2012
HI again,
Just to follow up on the previous post that I opened up the amplifier and could not test the voltage across the LED's as they are hard to get to and I don't feel confident i can do it myself. I think i'll have to have it looked at by the repair shop at some point. Thanks for all the help.