Maker Pro
Maker Pro

regulating transistor mosfet

LazerBeam

Jul 29, 2015
helo thanks for help. i need help in knoing for my big project please.
i am building a project but need difrent in regulater transister and mos.i want to conect regulater to transister and make big volts with mosfet. please show me circuit and bits needed.when you show me i show you good project to take money.thanks

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
helo thanks for help. i need help in knoing for my big project please.
i am building a project but need difrent in regulater transister and mos.i want to conect regulater to transister and make big volts with mosfet. please show me circuit and bits needed.when you show me i show you good project to take money.thanks
Can you please explain what you are trying to do? This was very vague.

Are you wanting to control a high voltage, or create a high voltage?
What kind of current will you deal with?
How fast do you need the mosfet to switch?
Will it be driving a reactive load?

LazerBeam

Jul 29, 2015
hello thanks. i am doing alarm for my auto. here in Bucharest the theef cuts wire to battery and loud sounder.
i am using tranzformer from house supply to 9 volt. my person zaper is 9volt to.but 10,000volt zap.
i am taking zap wire to auto handles and key open entry.
regulater to transistervto switch 9volt than to mos to ignite zap for bad theef. so no need 9volt batery.and person not touch no more my thing.thanks

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Electric fencer units used for keeping cattle in seems to be the way to go. You can buy these for a reasonable amount.

10kV is perhaps too high a voltage, 5kV should be adequate.
The energy in the pulse should not exceed 1J for safety.
The voltage needs to generated relative to earth. It is illegal in the UK to energise a vehicle, some people would park on top of a metal plate to get an earth connection. I have not studied the resistance of the tyres. A modern vehicle with a lot of electronics may not like high voltage pulses leaking into the computer.

Electric fencers usually raise the voltage in two steps. The first step uses an oscillator and transformer to charge a capacitor to a few hundred volts and then this is discharged once each second into the primary of a transformer with a ratio of about 1:20.

Fencers often get zapped by lightning and you may be able to find a faulty one and repair it or use the capacitor and transformer. If the works have evaporated, there will not be much hope.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
hello thanks. i am doing alarm for my auto. here in Bucharest the theef cuts wire to battery and loud sounder.
i am using tranzformer from house supply to 9 volt. my person zaper is 9volt to.but <censored>volt zap.
i am taking zap wire to auto handles and key open entry.
regulater to transistervto switch 9volt than to mos to ignite zap for bad theef. so no need 9volt batery.and person not touch no more my thing.thanks
Hahaha. I've wanted to do something like that as well.
Some words of warning though:
Check with your local laws and a lawyer to ensure that you can't be sued for causing harm for someone touching your auto. This may require a warning sign to be put up.

Additionally, you can use a smaller 12V backup battery in the car, which will still provide 12V to the alarm if the main battery line is cut. The alarm will still go off.

Now.. for the project itself. I would recommend a backup battery anyway, because if the thief cuts the battery wire, there is no way they would leave the cord connected to the house unless it appeared to be a block heater. (This would certainly draw some attention.)
You could wire it so that your 9-Volt device get turned on if the main battery is disconnected.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Electric fencer units used for keeping cattle in seems to be the way to go. You can buy these for a reasonable amount.

10kV is perhaps too high a voltage, 5kV should be adequate.
The energy in the pulse should not exceed 1J for safety.
The voltage needs to generated relative to earth. It is illegal in the UK to energise a vehicle, some people would park on top of a metal plate to get an earth connection. I have not studied the resistance of the tyres. A modern vehicle with a lot of electronics may not like high voltage pulses leaking into the computer.

Electric fencers usually raise the voltage in two steps. The first step uses an oscillator and transformer to charge a capacitor to a few hundred volts and then this is discharged once each second into the primary of a transformer with a ratio of about 1:20.

Fencers often get zapped by lightning and you may be able to find a faulty one and repair it or use the capacitor and transformer. If the works have evaporated, there will not be much hope.
Good call duke. Perhaps one of those 'anti-static' straps can be modified to use as a ground? I often see them hanging off the back of the auto, it's a simple metal strip mounted on plastic that is bolted to the car chassis... but if the strip was isolated from the chassis, it could be used as the 'ground'.
The fencers also come in battery operated models making it easier to wire!

To the OP. The person zapper would require a ground as well... or any other form of second contact point... So a fencer honestly seems like a better approach as it is meant for that type of connection.

LazerBeam

Jul 29, 2015
thanks to all you for help.fence with batteries is not good. my personal zaper is legal here.
we have big farm and space. theefs still comes here.my zaper is tazer like security.9 voltz but big out volts.i will try to put strate to door and key entry.thanks let yuo kno.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
i will try to put strate to door and key entry.
Just make sure you have a way to disable it if it all goes wrong!!!
I have always wanted to do something similar since all my tools were stolen. The police told me I would get arrested if I did this.. WTF..
As you have private land, you can do what you want. I would think the thief would rather a shock than a bullet in his ass..:eek:

Martin

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
thanks to all you for help.fence with batteries is not good. my personal zaper is legal here.
we have big farm and space. theefs still comes here.my zaper is tazer like security.9 voltz but big out volts.i will try to put strate to door and key entry.thanks let yuo kno.
You may need to experiment then... You need the thief to touch 'two' different conducting surfaces...
This is why a fencer with a hidden secondary battery is a good idea, because the fencer is meant to be setup with an 'earth ground' which would be the feet of the thief, and a fence wire which would be your auto (or door handle).
You can try the same setup with the zapper... but I am concerned that it won't be as effective.
What do you think Martin? What's the best way to ensure the guy gets the shock he deserves?