Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Relaxation oscillator Noob need education

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Sorry, I had to go out for a bike ride. I know you closed this thread but here's Tublacain's version of a two cylinder solenoid motor. There are a plethora of them on Youtube and they're all beautiful! That said, solenoid motors/engines are extremely inefficient and are useful as a great machinist project and novelty only. They're popular because they mimic a piston engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4o-y9ozV_Ss

Good luck,
Chris

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
That said, solenoid motors/engines are extremely inefficient and are useful as a great machinist project and novelty only. They're popular because they mimic a piston engine.
But you don't understand, all you have to do is make the one that is pushing power the one one that is pulling, then reverse it on the next half-cycle, and it runs forever with no power source!

Bob

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
But you don't understand, all you have to do is make the one that is pushing power the one one that is pulling, then reverse it on the next half-cycle, and it runs forever with no power source!

Bob

Ahh, that usually is the ultimate goal of these threads!

Chris

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Bob, shhh! No! This is a PUBLIC forum! One more slip-up like that and we may have to kick you out of the Illuminati...

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Bob, what I don't get is what was the clue? I was simply chalking this up to yet another "Nubies Secret Circuit Circus" thread, Another O/U brainstorm never occurred to me. I'm getting slooooow. :( Maybe I'm getting too much oxygen while biking? :D

Chris

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Bob, shhh! No! This is a PUBLIC forum! One more slip-up like that and we may have to kick you out of the Illuminati...
Please, don't take my black helipcopter, please! I'll be good.

Bob

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Bob, what I don't get is what was the clue? I was simply chalking this up to yet another "Nubies Secret Circuit Circus" thread, Another O/U brainstorm never occurred to me. I'm getting slooooow. :( Maybe I'm getting too much oxygen while biking? :D

Chris
I have come across people promoting solenoid engines before. Don't remeber if it was this forum or another.

Bob

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I have come across people promoting solenoid engines before. Don't remeber if it was this forum or another.

Bob

As an HSM novelty project it looks like fun. Practical and or efficient? Ehhh not so much! ;)

Chris