Maker Pro
Maker Pro

remote controlled toy receiver ckt problem

amjad daud

Mar 7, 2016
I made a 4 channel remote controlled toy car...when I press the remote spdt switch, the toy car move, but it continuously moving after releasing the pressed spdt switch and other spdt doesnot work meanwhile. After sometime the car stop then other spdt switch work...it happens with every spdt switch.Please give solution

Attachments

• IMG_20160305_095420450.jpg
    IMG_20160305_095420450.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20160305_095436988.jpg
    IMG_20160305_095436988.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 89

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
Without a schematic of your system it will be nearly impossible to give you a solution.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there
welcome to EP :)

Welcome to EP!
Without a schematic of your system it will be nearly impossible to give you a solution.

and on top of that we would still not know if you have made a wiring error
Did you etch your own boards ? or was this a kit ?

have you looked for bad/dry solder joints? damaged pcb tracks? checked for wiring errors etc ?

there's just so many possibilities

Dave

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir amjad daud . . . . . . .

Is my eyesight grossly failing me . . .or . . . . or . . . .or . . . .am I seeing a remote controlled board / plank there ?

You say the unit responds to your initial RF signal and starts the units propulsion motor running.
Now with us still being very cold on hard facts . . . . .yet, via maximum utilization of ESP . . . . .that motor is VEWY-VEWY likely going to be a
brushed universal type of drive motor.
In JUST considering forward motion of the unit and not yet being informed of bidirectional capabilities of the motor by you.

I am seeing the principal 4 channel board located at the far left and its then outputting into the central interfacing board, with LED activity indicators,
and then your hand constructed motor driver board to the far right, with what looks to be utilizing a single TO-220 cased driver . . .thereby . . .
providing a single polarity voltage supply to the drive motor.
Once you have keyed on the one channel that is feeding to the motor drive, (and its accompanying indicator LED on the middle board ( illuminates),
then assuredly that LED stays lit, while the motor is also remaining running . . .correct ?
Clue us in on the Receiver Decoder board at the left . . . . is it being a Cs EleSol Technologies product ?

How about firing up the unit and take metered DC measurement across the drive motor terminals.

Reasoning . . . . ??? . . . . . . to confirm the voltage polarity being applied to the motor.terminals.

With that then ascertained . . . . .a . . .la ........ . .

Relevant Techno Illustration:

3nzYY0T.png

How about your adding on the TRIPLE whammy shown above with a damping diode placed across the motor such that back emf rotating
commutator disruptions will be squashed, along with some DC and RF filtering provided by the two shunting capacitor types.
If a bidirectional voltage supply to the motor is later involved ( for reverse drive of the "board" ? ) we will have to change to back to back
zeners or a varistor type transient suppressor, for that initially shown single diode.

ASIDE:

The rest of the story . . . . . . (ask me how I know) . . .

A l o o o o o o ong time ago . . . . . . in the land of ooooh papa dow. . . . . . . many eons ago . . . .circa 1954 Anno Domini.
There once was a great white hunter that had bird dogs which he used in his hunting . ONE of the four was a real problem in the respect
of wandering away and doing his "own thing" , chasing butterflies, tree stump fertilization, and generally, not accompanying the pack in pursuit.
Several strong shouts of his name would usually get him back to the hunt at hand.
Now this hunter had seen a miracle device, in the form of a radio controlled plane of mine . . . . and it was being absolute "rocket science"
in that early time of technological development, when being viewed by but a select few.

Basically it was just a powered free flight plane which I would get up VERY high and then circle until the limited fuel fill depleted.
Then I would steer about right or left , seeking a thermal updraft, as sensed by a trailing ribbon, which could then be worked in and out of,
in order to keep the plane soaring about, sometimes, for up to an hour or so, if being lucky.

He started wondering if it would be possible to use a radio signal to shock his dog after an initial command was ignored.
Now 30 or 40 years later this is being an off the shelf real product . . . .Electronic Dog Trainer..

At that time I had to use a 1 vacuum tube receiver with its dual battery pack, a model airplanes spark ignition coil, (using the Kettering ignition system),
as I knew of no heated nichrome glow plugs back then. One extra D cell was being needed for powering that coil .

A shoulder harness had all of the electronics and batteries being in a small pack atop the harness, plus a regular dog collar with decorative domes
encircling it, but with two opposed domes installed inside of the collar and serving as HV "electrodes" connected to the ignition coil secondary.
Finally center top of the pack was a 1 metre long piano wire whip antenna, that along with the dogs gait, would take on a whooosh . . . . whooosh . . . .
whooosh . . . . whooosh . . . . whooosh . . . .whooosh . . . . whooosh . . . . whooosh . . . . . . sort of got me mesmerized there. . . . . . now in continuing . . . .

Field test one:

The idea was having the dog to wear just the harness and collar to get acclimated to them, a week or so..
Then . . . a full operational test, where all was installed and powered up, and the dog put thru his hunting paces and awaiting for any misobediance,
wherein an initial loud and firm vocal correction was given, with the idea for a shock accompanying any needed SECOND vocal correction.
Shouldn't take too long for that dog to associate any dallyance on his part, with one accompanying, STINGING neck pain.

Never happened . . . .seems like that initial pulse from the ignition coil triggered the receiver again and then there was a continually, slightly delayed,
triggering of the ignition coil.

WOW . . .there was one multi yelping dog, TOTALLY running amok, with it taking a full five minutes of chasing to corner him and switch off the source
of his discomfort..
I solved that problem with a second time delay relay . . . . . small elect capacitor across its coil . . . . that totally shut the receiver down . . . until AFTER
a shock had been triggered by the second relay.

Sweet Smell of Success.

Now I am wondering if motor commutator arc is creating RFI trash and triggering your units receiver on ?
That units receiver is using a suppegenerative transistor circuit and it could be swamped by motor commutator arcs/ RFI . . . . being at that close proximity.

Now, try the add ons above to see if that actually might be what is happening .

73's de Edd

Last edited: