Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Repair flash board - DSC-W830 Digital camera

tsalat

Dec 13, 2022
Hi,

I have a Sone DSC-W830 which has the flash not working - the capacitor, the board itself (the power button is there) seems to work, however, it just do not trigger the flash. During inspection I found this part that seem to have suffered some damage - see the image, there is a burn mark at the top. My essential problem is that I have no idea what this part is and how to find replacement for it. The label "N1A" does not return much results.

Anyone have an idea what that part (N1A) is?

thank you and best regards, Tomas

Attachments

• IMG00015.jpg
    IMG00015.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 5

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Looks like an inductor with ferrite case. Unforzunately I too can't find what the N1A stands for.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir tsalat . . . . .

WHY ?
for . . . . . . do you think THAT inductor is bad ? and that it is EVEN BEING ASSOCIATED with the flash circuitry ?

Sequentially use the same ROOT URL above, on the second line, and then change its very end pages to
11, 13, 15,16,17,18 and 20 . . . . with pages 15 and 17 having the most relevant info on troubleshooting a flash error code along with the location of the units HV flash storage capacitor and the frontal facing flash tube on the RC1003 board, while the bulk of its actual related and working electronics is down on SY1035 board .
(The ACROBAT numbering versus the actual page numbering are being 1 count off in error.)

So o o o o o o o . . . . . put on your "BIG BOY PANTS " and also pull out your jewelers eye loupe and UBER- micro soldering paraphernalia !

Plus, this will require using your " special niche" intelligence ". . . .'cause . . . .I ain't a seein' no . . .

"SUNNY DeeEssCee-W830 Repair for Dummies "

being offered . . . as of just yet. . . . et . . . its schematics.

73's de Edd . . . . .

A nice thing about being senile, is that you can hide your own Easter eggs !

Last edited:

tsalat

Dec 13, 2022
Looks like an inductor with ferrite case. Unforzunately I too can't find what the N1A stands for.
thank you for your reply! According to a BOM of SONY ILCE-5100 the part refers to: D.C.-D.C.CONVERTER TRANSFORMER, unforuntelly with a Sony PN. well, anyway, thx and I will try Eggs suggestion.

tsalat

Dec 13, 2022
Sir tsalat . . . . .

WHY ?
for . . . . . . do you think THAT inductor is bad ? and that it is EVEN BEING ASSOCIATED with the flash circuitry ?

Sequentially use the same ROOT URL above, on the second line, and then change its very end pages to
11, 13, 15,16,17,18 and 20 . . . . with pages 15 and 17 having the most relevant info on troubleshooting a flash error code along with the location of the units HV flash storage capacitor and the frontal facing flash tube on the RC1003 board, while the bulk of its actual related and working electronics is down on SY1035 board .
(The ACROBAT numbering versus the actual page numbering are being 1 count off in error.)

So o o o o o o o . . . . . put on your "BIG BOY PANTS " and also pull out your jewelers eye loupe and UBER- micro soldering paraphernalia !

Plus, this will require using your " special niche" intelligence ". . . .'cause . . . .I ain't a seein' no . . .

"SUNNY DeeEssCee-W830 Repair for Dummies "

being offered . . . as of just yet. . . . et . . . its schematics.

73's de Edd . . . . .

A nice thing about being senile, is that you can hide your own Easter eggs !

thank you for your reply, since I am not a native speaker it took me a while to decode your message but then I noticed you are from Texas, still took me a while to decode :D

WHY ? for . . . . . . do you think THAT inductor is bad ?
I never said that, I have said it seems to have suffered some damage.

and that it is EVEN BEING ASSOCIATED with the flash circuitry ?
Just guessing.

Appreciate the link, there is no error code on the screen but will try the "fix" on page 16 anyway.

The ACROBAT numbering
There is not such thing as ACROBAT numbering? or? Always thought it is called pagination.

I don't wear pants while working with the soldering iron but always boxer shorts since they give the necessary degree of freedom.

thx for the reply!