Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Repair on arcade machine... need help.

C

Chaos Master

Jan 1, 1970
I am back to work after some vacation and am trying to repair an arcade machine.

Machine: crusin' exotica (made by Midway (sp?)) - the one with the numeric
keyboard where you can enter an PIN ID.

Problem: "Crashes" when tries to get record times. Causes a reboot and makes the
machine go into self test. When the machine does not crash I get sh*t data [1] at
high score tables.

I've never worked at those machines but I guess they're like a video game machine
or computer + monitor. It looks like a RAM problem. Has anyone here info on repair
of arcade machines?

[1] It looks like this:

1 XXXXXX 00:00:00
2 000000 00:00:00

Thanks.

J

James Sweet

Jan 1, 1970
Chaos Master said:
I am back to work after some vacation and am trying to repair an arcade machine.

Problem: "Crashes" when tries to get record times. Causes a reboot and makes the
machine go into self test. When the machine does not crash I get sh*t data [1] at
high score tables.

I've never worked at those machines but I guess they're like a video game machine
or computer + monitor. It looks like a RAM problem. Has anyone here info on repair
of arcade machines?

[1] It looks like this:

1 XXXXXX 00:00:00
2 000000 00:00:00

Thanks.

Post on rec.games.video.arcade.collecting

R

Roger

Jan 1, 1970
Chaos said:

high score tables.

of arcade machines?
Could be that record times are kept in one of those little serial
EEPROMS, and the problem is there. Should not be hard to find if it is.

C

Chaos Master

Jan 1, 1970
Roger[[email protected]] iscrivinhated/wrotou na
Could be that record times are kept in one of those little serial
EEPROMS, and the problem is there. Should not be hard to find if it is.

I will take a look at this. Thanks.

C

Chris Oates

Jan 1, 1970
Chaos Master said:

high score tables.

of arcade machines?

a lot of Midway games are hard drive based & if so you may have bad sectors

set the drive as a slave, put it in your PC and run 'chkdisk'