Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Repairing a Premier Health Products PHP 2026 / 2027 Massage Chair

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Hi again. I'm not clear on how deeply you want to dig into the electronics, but you can get a great initial view of much of the internals in two steps:
  • After unplugging the chair, stand behind it and gently flip it on its front so that the back of the chair is facing your ceiling. The chair is heavy, so you'll want to get the assistance of an additional person to prevent it from hitting your floor too hard.
  • Once the chair is flipped and the back is facing the ceiling, there are 6 screws you can remove to lift off that cover to open up the back.
From there, you can make decisions concerning what you want to investigate, including (since you didn't say in your response above) checking the possibility that something is simply jammed around the rollers preventing them from freely moving up & down.

When you're all done your investigation and putting the cover back on, I've found I had to take extra time & effort to make sure I lined up the screw holes on the cover accurately so that the back cover can be snuggly replaced with all 6 screws going in as deeply as they're designed to do.

PeeWee911

Jan 21, 2022
Thanks mfoster7, I will do what you say first and see what develops. Hoping for a simple fix!!
I may have to wait a bit until I start as we've just had a family emergency which will take me out of town until Mid to late March. Thanks again.

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Hi PeeWee. When you get back in town, you might find one of the attached documents helpful. You said you're an old Avionics Electronics Tech, so perhaps something in one of them will help you pinpoint your chair's problem if it's not something simple/basic.

I believe I found these documents either earlier in this forum or elsewhere online. Anyway, there are six attached. I think the longest is only 8 pages.

I hope your family emergency isn't severe.

Attachments

• diagnostic steps for 2026 & 2027 main PCB_Reduced_Size.pdf
    811.3 KB · Views: 3
  • main-PCB-board.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 3
  • PHP_2026-27-HOW_TO_REMOVE_PCB_boardassembly-replace.pdf
    385.8 KB · Views: 3
  • PHP2026_2027_technical_diagnostic_procedure_Pages_01-08.pdf
    889.9 KB · Views: 3
  • PHP2026_2027_technical_diagnostic_procedure_Pages_08-12.pdf
    898 KB · Views: 2
  • PHP2026_2027_technical_diagnostic_procedure_Pages_13-18.pdf
    736 KB · Views: 2

docjsb

Mar 6, 2022
First, I'd like to thank everyone for the help. I installed a new toroidal transformer VPT48-5200 from Mouser Electronics in the PHP2026 today and it worked great!

I can add that since it is 24V AC on the output side, the blue and yellow wire ordering is not critical - just so you get 24V AC to each circuit. I suggest the following consolidated procedure:

1. Unplug the unit.

2. Disconnect the old transformer connector.

3. Cut the old transformer leads near the transformer and remove the old transformer.

4. Wire the connector to the inputs of the new transformer:
4.1 Transformer Blue and Violet to the Black Connector Lead
4.2 Transformer Gray and Brown to the White Connector Lead

5. Place new transformer in the chassis. Make sure you have some minimum clearance between the 12V transformer so they are not touching. You will need a couple washers to get it snug. Connect the input connector.

6. Connect the output side:
6.1 Transformer Red to either Yellow Lead
6.2 Transformer Black to the remaining Yellow Lead
6.3 Transformer Orange to either Blue Lead
6.4 Transformer Yellow to the remaining Blue Lead

7. Plug in the unit and test.

8. Chair assembly is the opposite of disassembly.

Thanks again for all the help from Kevin, Desertrider, and all. So glad to find a readily available toroidal transformer.

Cheers!

Last edited:

babi628

Jul 15, 2022
i followed this thread all the way through, and with the advice and tips so many of you provided, was able to order the new transformer and bring my very heavy anchor back to functioning ...much to my surprise. thanks to all of you who take the time to share your knowledge with us amateurs!

mfoster7

Sep 17, 2019
Woot! Woot! Glad you were able to get it functioning again, especially since the chair model is long obsolete (including, apparently, the company itself). So one expensive chair back in action is good news.

PhilA

Aug 11, 2022
Hello Everyone,
First off thank you to so many of you for your investment of information on this post/thread. Always great to see people willing to help others out. That said, my Premier back massage chair will recline, but it won't retract from recline. I hear a clicking coming from the control box but that is it. Please know everything else on that massage chair works except that it will not go back up, even the back massage rollers work while it is in a down position. It sees like others on this thread have had a similar issue, however I did not how they were able to fix. Greatly appreciate any insight or help...Thank you!

docjsb

Mar 6, 2022
This is the best thread I have found for fixing my PHP 2026. However, I have more of a mechanical problem. The actuator that raises and lowers the back of the chair is grinding. The actuator functions - the motor is fine - but there is a delryn worm gear inside that is worn down and slipping. I cannot find a worm gear to match anywhere and I cannot find the same motor online anywhere. Anyone with any great ideas would be appreciated.
I have the same problem. Did you find a way to fix? I'll let you know if I find something.

docjsb

Mar 6, 2022
Has anybody found a replacement actuator for the recline function?

bbrinkley

Sep 26, 2022
Desertrider, first off, thank you so much for this EXCELLENT post. Very informative and helpful. I acquired a Massage Chair (PHP 2027) today. After moving it from a friends house, who said it worked, trucked it across Dallas, and put in my garage, we plugged it in to find it only vibrates.There is no movement at all, and remote shows 'ER' shortly after trying any action on the remote. From what I've read on your post, looks like I need one of the Toroid transformer? I've got zero electronics experience, but it looks like this is a buy a new one and swap it out with the old one type of thing, am I correct? if so, can you point me in the right decision... do I simply email that address you posted and ask for a new one for my 2027 chair? -- Thank you so much! id like this to be fixable so I don't have to BUY one :) !! -- Kevin

Where do we find a new Board assembly, I believe this would solve my issue. I tried writing the info @ premierhealthproducts . com and it bounced back. Not good.

OK, I'm late to the party, but appears they're out of business. Wonderful.

OUT OF BUSINESS
According to information in BBB files, it appears that the company is no longer in business. The phone numbers BBB had for this company are disconnected, and directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. BBB's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice.

FIXED! Thank you for the diagrams etc. I was able to determine it was indeed my Toroidal transformer. I was able to buy one from Mouser Electronics, part# 553-VPT48-5200 which is 112mm in diameter and has a power rating of 250VA. It fits fine by moving it a little bit. Chair now works!
Hi, do you by any chance have a manual that you could share?