Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Replacement ac power supply for alesis multimix 8

robb2231

Dec 10, 2011
Hi, I have recently purchased an alesis usb audio interface very cheaply on a sold as seen basis from a pawn shop. The interface did not come with a power supply and needs one to work the ratings of the old power supply are as follows:
Output: AC 18v 700ma x2

The input socket is a male DIN conection with 3 pins
The unit is an alesis multimix 8 USB

My question is: is the 3rd pin earth? and if so can I earth it through the chasis and run it off a regular 18v 1amp AC laptop adapter that i allready have.

I dont want to risk buying an original power supply as this would cost considerably more than i purchased the unit for as the unit may not work correctly.

Thanks in advance
Rob

robb2231

Dec 10, 2011
Thankyou for finding this for me has all the info i need to help me build a charger!

Would this transformer be suitable for my needs?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P037GA-18...823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20bffb7b47

If not do you have any recomendations of where i may find a suitable transformer cheaper than Rapid Electronics? their price with postage and vat is close to that of a new charger.

Help greatly appreciated please forgive my lack of knowledge

Last edited:

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
Hi rob,

The ebay item picture don' t match the description. looks to be 2x6 volts 100mA only, better to ask the seller before buy.
Because it's a heavy part it's always expensive to ship! Do you have access to any local shop?
you can also get 2 separate 18 volts transformer which can be easier to source locally.

Olivier

Thening

Nov 2, 2016
If anyone wishes to buy the ac adapter 48T-1800500x2GS for an Alesis Multimix 8. This is the one with the 3 pin 18v output x2. They are available from the Yin Nan company in Taiwan. I tried Alesis first but they've discontinued the product. The email address is: [email protected] The adapter costsUSD $15 plus shipping for 2 cost me $40 to Dublin. This is the 2nd adapter I've replaced ,that's why I ordered 2. It's been really useful over the years so it owes me nothing. Hope that's of help to someone out there.

vandelay

Nov 9, 2016
If anyone wishes to buy the ac adapter 48T-1800500x2GS for an Alesis Multimix 8. This is the one with the 3 pin 18v output x2. They are available from the Yin Nan company in Taiwan. I tried Alesis first but they've discontinued the product. The email address is: [email protected] The adapter costsUSD $15 plus shipping for 2 cost me $40 to Dublin. This is the 2nd adapter I've replaced ,that's why I ordered 2. It's been really useful over the years so it owes me nothing. Hope that's of help to someone out there.

Thank you! Very helpful!

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
That's great, I've been avoiding buying one for so long as it cost so much.