Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Resistor Value (R4) on Precor 9.23 Treadmill Motor Controller

hyi12000

Sep 26, 2020
Does anyone know the resistor Value on location (R4) on Precor 9.23 Treadmill Motor Controller? Or does anyone know where I can get this info?
The motor doesn't start and I found a missing resistor at this location. Hoping this will fix the issue.
Thanks for any info in advance.

R4 resistor.jpg Precor treadmil motor controller.jpg

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Does anyone know the resistor Value on location (R4) on Precor 9.23 Treadmill Motor Controller? Or does anyone know where I can get this info?
The motor doesn't start and I found a missing resistor at this location. Hoping this will fix the issue.
Thanks for any info in advance.

has it worked for you and just stopped ? or did you buy it second hand and it wasn't working ?

If the first, then there was never a resistor there. If the second choice, then it has been played with and who knows what else is also wrong with it

As @Bluejets said, some have "missing" components.
This is common of all sorts of electronics
1) an indication of a change of circuit design but using same board
2) different versions of the board uses additional components for additional features etc

hyi12000

Sep 26, 2020
has it worked for you and just stopped ? or did you buy it second hand and it wasn't working ?

If the first, then there was never a resistor there. If the second choice, then it has been played with and who knows what else is also wrong with it

As @Bluejets said, some have "missing" components.
This is common of all sorts of electronics
1) an indication of a change of circuit design but using same board
2) different versions of the board uses additional components for additional features etc
Got it as second hand as a non working unit. The previous owner serviced it and was told to replace the whole controller board. But I'm trying to see If I can fix it.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Got it as second hand as a non working unit. The previous owner serviced it and was told to replace the whole controller board. But I'm trying to see If I can fix it.

OK
without a service schematic, or finding some one with the same board for comparison,
there no easy way to know what that resistor value is

since it doesnt work ... "tried to service it"... would be more fitting ;)
And as I said earlier, because of that, you really dont know what else may be faulty

find a schematic and go from there :)

Dave

hyi12000

Sep 26, 2020
OK
without a service schematic, or finding some one with the same board for comparison,
there no easy way to know what that resistor value is

since it doesnt work ... "tried to service it"... would be more fitting ;)
And as I said earlier, because of that, you really dont know what else may be faulty

find a schematic and go from there :)

Dave

Where or how would I find the "schematic?" Any pointers? And yes, I'm aware that there might be other issues with the board. I have the board replacement as the second or third option.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Where or how would I find the "schematic?" Any pointers? .
Generally the T.M. manuf never provides a schematic, the only hope is that someone has 'reverse engineered' it.
The more popular MC60/MC2100 has some reverse engineered versions out there.
A Google search using the part No off the board might do it.
M.

hyi12000

Sep 26, 2020
Generally the T.M. manuf never provides a schematic, the only hope is that someone has 'reverse engineered' it.
The more popular MC60/MC2100 has some reverse engineered versions out there.
A Google search using the part No off the board might do it.
M.

Searched for
PCB: ALT-6305 Ver. 2.0
Manufacturer's Part Number: AT150038102
for the schematics with no luck. As you said it might not be available.

Hishamchohan

Oct 8, 2020
Hi, for your sake I searched THE web and found Resistor Value (R4) on Precor 9.23 Treadmill Motor Controller ....
Its emptying .... oky

hyi12000

Sep 26, 2020
Hi, for your sake I searched THE web and found Resistor Value (R4) on Precor 9.23 Treadmill Motor Controller ....
Its emptying .... oky
I appreciate that. Where did you find the schematics? I'm in the process of trying to fix the board. The schematics would help.

hyi12000

Sep 26, 2020
Found a Precor 9.23 treadmill Trouble Shooting Guide service manual in case someone needs it. It doesn't go into the PCB level, however. Nonetheless, this might help someone.

Attachments

• Precor 9.23 Trouble Shooting Guide.pdf
    308 KB · Views: 11