Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Resistors

kiyoukan

Aug 24, 2009
Hello. Okay I am trying to make a circuit to convert my switching power supply to have a 5 volt line and a 24 volt line the 24 volt line goes off into the board to the motors and the 5 is needed for the board itself. I started to make a simple circuit and went online for some help and found lots of it but none to which makes sense to me. I want to use resistors. My power supply is a 24 v 2.5A (60W max) and I want it to go down to 5V or around give or take a 0.2. And please I am sry to ask this but if you could possible show a diagram of where I would put each resistor. I know there’s some branch pattern that must be done but I see it and understand none of it. I know this is asking a lot but it would be greatly appreciated.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hello. Okay I am trying to make a circuit to convert my switching power supply to have a 5 volt line and a 24 volt line the 24 volt line goes off into the board to the motors and the 5 is needed for the board itself. I started to make a simple circuit and went online for some help and found lots of it but none to which makes sense to me. I want to use resistors. My power supply is a 24 v 2.5A (60W max) and I want it to go down to 5V or around give or take a 0.2. And please I am sry to ask this but if you could possible show a diagram of where I would put each resistor. I know there’s some branch pattern that must be done but I see it and understand none of it. I know this is asking a lot but it would be greatly appreciated.

Why dont you use a 3 pin voltage regulator like a 7805 or if it can't handle 24V input
you could use a LM317 adjustable regulator nice and easy :)

cheers
Dave