Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwfami

Sep 13, 2012
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has some leftover resistors they don't need. I'm 50 miles away from the nearest electronics parts store, and don't want to pay $5.00 shipping for a few resistors.

Thanks,

GWFAMI

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I recommend you go and purchase a set of resistors. These would be similar to the set you were going to get.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Here is my (and probably others) dilemma with this, it's going to cost someone 45 cents (if they and you are in the US, if not it will cost dollars) and the trouble to send you 3 cents worth of resistors... When you can spend a few bucks of your own and get 100s of your own resistors and have plenty of extras for future use, as Steve just suggested... Also remember that you can series and parallel hook them up to get values you don't have for tinkering... This is especially helpful since you want a 3.9M resistor as those higher value ones are not used all that often and not something many people just have laying around... But, three 1M resistors and say two 470K resistors in series you will be close enough for most applications and you might more easily find those values in an assortment set...

Status
Not open for further replies.